$22,000 for Beaches Negril for 5??!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2004, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was quoted $22,000 ($20,000 for room/board and $2,000 for air) for 5 of us (kids age 11, 13, 16)next February vacation (8 nights). This over 10 months in advance. ARE THEY NUTS??!!

If I wanted to squeeze my family into one big room with one bathroom (yeah right) instead of the 2 BR 1 bath suite, the price plummets to $13,000!! Sign me up!

Give me a break.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 03:53 PM

you're not alone. someone else has posted recently with the same problem - go to this thread:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=5
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 06:32 PM

We are going there for 5 nights in May. It is 2 adults & 2 almost grown kids. We are getting a 1 bedroom suite with a separate bedroom, 2 bathrooms & a living area with a double sofabed & 2 twin sofabeds. It is less than 1/4 that for room cost.
I do know that the 2 bedroom is way more expensive.Another thing is the season when you're going. Is it peak season? That is always higher.

I made our reservations through the Beaches toll free # & they gave me the internet discount. I did get an email from discount-all-inclusive.com that was even cheaper.

Try checking at www.tropictravelonline.com. They don't discuss price on the message board but Debbie can check prices for you off board & see what the best deal would be.

What about Beaches do you like? My sis-in-law (2 young kids) stayed in Negril at Moon Dance Villas. They reserved a 2 bedroom villa but were upgraded to the 3500 sq ft 3 bedroom when they got there. She raved about the place. You have your own cook & bartender & housekeeping. They will fix whatever food & drinks you want. She said it was very safe & a great place. There are some water sports & other activities but not the hectic resort feel. They paid extra for the all inclusive plan & it ran them about what they would have paid at a resort. And that was no where near what you're quoting for price.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 02:56 PM

Mike,
Not sure where you got your quoted price. We have been to many Sandals resorts and this price seems real high. I know we are not suppose to advertise here but I suggest you do 2 things, (1) go to www.tropictravelonline.com and ask Debbie to provide you with a price and post your message there it is all Sandals / Beaches travelers at that site, (2) go to Twinsburg Travel and ask for a price, suggest you use Jane.
Best of luck and you should see much lower prices
Bill
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:35 AM

Think i read on another board - Something to do with beaches sponsoring a kiddie cartoon show and supposedly some of the characters from the show will be present at Beaches some time during the year.

$22,000 yikes!! coud have several vacations
for that kind of money
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:58 PM
lsb

I have been to Beaches Negril but not during a school vacation when they charge unreasonably high rates. I paid about $6000 for two adults, two children in one room and that was all it was worth. It is fun for the kids but the service and food are just OK. I would look at other options.I was quoted $10,000 for Beaches Negril for last February break . We went to Mexico instead and saved a few thousand dollars and enjoyed it just as much as Beaches.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:28 PM
wow

I am the one who had a quote from Beaches Negril for $16000 so I know what Mike Walsh is talking about!
LSB: Where did you go in Mexico?
We are trying to find something for March 2005. Around mid March for a week.
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 02:07 PM

So now do you realize why I've been to Europe 7 times and never to the Caribbean? Just took our family of 5 to Paris for 10 days for well under $6000.