2 nights in Bequia with A/C?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, our departure for the Grenadines has been delayed by 1 week. The upside is we now have an extra, unplanned 2 days in Bequia!

After a week of sailing, we'd like someplace with A/C for 2 nights. Does anyone have a preference for either the deluxe room at the Frangipani or the deluxe rooms at Friendship Bay Resort? There are lots of comments about the Frangi, but none on the Friendship Bay Resort, which appears to have the advantage of being beachfront.

Please help me decide. Thanks

Old Nov 6th, 2006, 05:51 AM

The Frangi is in the heart of town and seemed quite noisy when we were there for dinner and walking by in the evenings. Friendship Bay is very nice but is not within walking distance of town. We stayed at the Plantation and loved it there as it had A/C and a beautiful little beach/harbour front. It is a short walk to town which we did about every night. We loved Bequia!
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 06:10 AM

What a pleasant dilemma to have!

We stayed at the Frangipani for our first trip to Bequia this past summer and stayed in one of the deluxe garden rooms that is as high up on the hill as the rooms with a/c. We hardly heard any noise from the bar or the town and we had our windows and doors thrown open to catch the breeze. I'd doubt that with your windows shut and the a/c on that it would be noisy, even in high season.

For only two nights, I'd probably opt to stay in town for the convenience.
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 02:45 AM

for a two day stay in Bequia, I'd certainly pick the Frangi or Plantation House over Friendship Bay. Frangi is on the water, though not on a beach. Plantation House has a small beach. Both are a short water taxi ride from the beaches at Lower Bay and Tony Gibbons (aka Princess Margaret).
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 04:04 AM

If A/C is important, make sure Friendship Bay has it! When I stayed there, they only had a couple of rooms with it, and were full, so I got a room without it. I was miserable! I didn't like Friendship Bay at all, and left early. On the plus side, the owner tried really hard to please me, and when I wanted to leave early, didn't penalize me. Just lots of mosquitos, could get enough air circulated, and my room wasn't the cleanest. The hotel is away from the hub, and I was bored! I have to tell you, in all fairness, this was 10 years ago, I assume things have changed-AC and refurbished rooms. If Frangi has AC (it didn't when I was there) I would choose that over Friendship in a heartbeat. Frangi is in the "hub", so you can walk around to restaurants, listen to so laidback bands, and not feel isolated. The setting for Frangi is very pretty!
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 05:40 AM

We recently booked a hotel on Bequia for February and hesitated between the Friendship Bay Hotel and Bequia Beachfront villas. In the end we chose the Beachfront Villas. I've read only good reports about this hotel and quite a few negative reports about the Friendship Bay Hotel - apparently it's a bit past its prime.