Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort

Jan 8th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Hey guys!
So I'm a newbie to the Caribbean islands. My husband has been to the Bahamas and Jamaica (previous relationship). He has stayed at the Couples Swept Away Resort and loved it. I don't mind going to either place, just want to go to a different resort as it is our 5 year wedding anniversary as well as our 40th birthdays this year. We would like recommendations for all inclusive - adult only resorts. Any help would greatly be appreciated! Again, I'm new to this, so I have nothing to compare other than my husbands experiences. Thank you!
Jan 9th, 2017, 04:30 AM

The first thing we need to know is what is your budget (in terms of actual dollars) for accommodations. That will be a major factor in choosing an All inclusive Resort.

For what it is worth, there are an abundance of All Inclusive Resorts in the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Cozumel and others scattered around the Caribbean so you'll have plenty of choices. Knowing your budget will help narrow down your choices.

Also, what time of year will you be traveling. The answer could have a big impact on recommendations.
Jan 9th, 2017, 06:15 AM

It's also hard to make recommendations until you tell us a little more about what you want. All you have told us is you want an adult only AI resort. Try listing the most important things to you as far as what you want to do, or the type of setiing you prefer. That along with a budget should get you much better responses.
Jan 13th, 2017, 04:37 AM

Secrets montego bay..
U will love it