Search

Help for an all girls getaway!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2011, 08:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help for an all girls getaway!

HI!

I would like to know what island would be better for an all girls getaway. We are deciding between Punta Cana, or Negril. Also, any suggestions on resorts would be greatly appreciated! Tks so much!
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:03 AM

need more info rubia.
specifically, what is your budget?
is everyone flying from the same airport? which one?
what do you want to do with your time?
how interested are you in dining options?
all-inclusive? hotel - lg or sm? villa or condo?
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:46 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Punta Cana is an area that has been built in recent years with a lot of the major resort properties, many (most?) of them all-inclusives. People go there mostly to stay right on their resort property.

Negril is an entirely different situation. It's more rustic there, although certainly they also have some of the major AI chains as well like Sandals, Couples, etc. But they also have lots on independent smaller hotels available on the beautiful 7-mile beach or "on the Cliffs" there.

If you give us a price range, and whether you want all-inclusive or not, and some idea of the ammenity level you're seeking... people can give better suggestions.
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Ok sorry for the lack of info! We are all flying out of NY. We would like to stay somewhere that is not overrun with kids and where we can have fun, maybe dancing, etc. I've been looking at all inclusives and they seem to be running at about 800-1,000 p.p for 3nights/4days, which is fine. I am just wondering which island would be better for us in terms of fun so I guess Jamaica would be better since we wouldn't be leaving the resort in DR? Now I'm thinking maybe Mexico/Cancun would be a better option. I'm so confused! lol....
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mexico would be a great option. If you don't want kids around go to an adults only AI. One that would meet all your criteria is the Royal Playa del Carmen. It is an upscale adults only AI resort right in the town of Playa del Carmen. It is a five minute walk to 5th Ave. where you can find many clubs/bars to dance and have fun.
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:42 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I would definitely absolutely look at the "Mayan Riviera" area of Mexico. I think it better fits what you seek than either DR or Jamaica really. You'd fly into Cancun. Then could stay right in Cancun (especially since this is such a short trip) or head down to Playa del Carmen (about 45 mins. drive south down the coast). There are all kind of AI options there that I think closely fit what you have in mind. 3 nights is a REALLY short trip to go all that ways though. No way to extend it a bit?
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:31 PM

from added criteria negril would be better than DR. negril doesn't have lots of ai's. but it's compact enough for you to walk the beach and try different bars/restaurants.
playa del carman area is great for duty free shopping & nightlife. the local ai's like iberostar, riu's have their own nightclubs & shuttle vans into town.
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 09:14 PM

Okay, I've never been to Punta Cana but can only say about Negril. Suze is right about Negril - there are amazing AI resorts to choose from and beautiful attractions around Negril and nearby. You can go for a countryside tour and visit the YS falls, Dunns river, Black river safari, etc. You will have a great time there.

You can choose to stay at a more relaxed and laid back resort if you want. My husband and I don't like AI resorts so we changed place last year. We normally stay at Secrets or Couples but last year we booked at Lemer luxury villas. You can see their pictures and videos here: http://www.lemerluxuryvillas.com/

I you decide to stay at a villa, you can check out other options here: http://www.villasinjamaica.com/
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 04:35 AM

We have a "girls" getaway every January, but we stay a full week. We've gone to Riviera Maya in Mexico, and Punta Cana, DR.
There are three day packages available via applevacations for Punta Cana.
Here's this year's review:
http://www.fodors.com/community/cari...ta-cana-dr.cfm
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 06:22 PM

How about Club Med Turks and Caicos!! You can't go wrong!!