1st Floor or 2nd Floor at Nevis FS?

Old Mar 1st, 2005, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

1st Floor or 2nd Floor at Nevis FS?

Can anyone who stayed here recommend which floor is better? We are going in June and right now I asked for a second floor room because its of its screened in porch and not having anyone above us. I have read that 1st floor rooms are the ones that are updated and 2nd floor rooms are not. Just want it to be perfect its a surprise for my husband!
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 12:07 PM

We were there last January and was given a first floor room. We ended up switching to a second floor room because we had no view from our room - we were just behind the "family" pool - and our room had a musty smell. I will tell you that the first floor rooms have marble floors and granite counters in the bathroom. The second floor rooms have ceramic tile floors and marble counters. However, all of the furnishings are exactly the same, and having the screened-in porch made the second floor room so much nicer to us. It was much more private. We loved our stay there. Have a wonderful time!
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 12:46 PM

When we stayed there, we had a first floor room. It was nice to be able to walk right out onto the beach.

If I went back, I would ask for a second floor room as it would be nice to have a screened porch and if someone loud had been above us, it would have made my life miserable as I am a very light sleeper.
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

I'm also a light sleeper, I should probably leave the 2nd floor as my choice. Thank-You for the help
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 06:11 PM

Normally we also prefer the ground floor so that we can just walk out to the beach. However..........the beach is a fair walk from the units and I really didnt think it was worth the trade off of giving up the better view and screened in porch. It was also nice to leave the sliding door open at night and listen to the waves. ( I figured out how to fake out the electric switch that cut off the AC when the door was open) Anyway....I'd suggest the upper level too.