Zoom bites the dust

Aug 28th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Zoom bites the dust

heads up - hope no one is stranded.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/...m.html?ref=rss

Enjoy-la!
Aug 28th, 2008, 02:58 PM

Everyone loves to complain about Air Canada...they don't look so bad now!
Aug 29th, 2008, 06:06 AM

People seem to forget that Air Canada also went bankrupt a few yrs ago. I was boarding a flt at Tokyo the day they went into rec-ship. Worse, today financial analysts cheer how wonderfully AC recovered - well who would not if they were able to skip out on something like $2 Billion (or more) of debt? There is a question posed here about why these small airlines even start up - as with the new one coming next month - and remember "Roots" which lasted less than one week? It is believed it is attractive as a tax loss & it is true that the Scots who owned Zoom were very wealthy.
Aug 29th, 2008, 04:06 PM

A good friend is/was treating her daughter to a trip to Paris, Venice and the Cinque Terre in late September via Zoom. It was supposed to be a very budget holiday... I guess, not now.
Aug 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM

Wow, how disappointing. We flew to Paris a couple of years ago on Zoom, and thought that they were pretty good, especially for a budget airline. So sorry for everyone who has booked a flight and can't go.
Aug 30th, 2008, 06:49 AM

Well we are going on a cruise from New York to Quebec in September and this is the third( I was waiting because most bad things come in 3's) airline failure for us on this hoilday; 1st Silverjet went bust, so we rebooked with Flyglobspan who pulled out of Hamilton and gave us a refund, we rebooked again with Zoom last week and of course now have to rebook again, who is safe anymore?
Of course not only is it the airlines but hotels and car hire have all to be rearranged again for the third time, an absolute nightmare I think we have spent more time rearranging everything than we will spend on holiday.