Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone used My Air Airlines? (Venice-Paris)

Apr 11th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

We are looking at this airline for an October flight Venice (VCE) to Paris Orly. It's one of the most convenient connections I've found for Italy to Paris. Leaves Venice at 5:20pm, arrives Paris 7pm. Perfect!
http://web1.myair.com/docs/cust/en/index.shtml

Does anyone know anything about this airline? Should we worry about its "longevity"?
Apr 11th, 2005, 11:40 PM

I don't know anything about MyAir, but I think you are definitely wise to ask. Last year I was considering another discount line for Ven-Paris, and it very abruptly ceased operations - zero notice. I think there is a RyanAir flight, but it is Treviso to an outlying Paris airport. RyanAir and Easyjet seem to be financially quite sound, but I'm not so confident of the rest; maybe others here are more knowledgable.
Apr 12th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

If you're referring to Volare, it was reading about their demise that made me ask.

I really hope to avoid the Ryanair/Beauvais option. It's not that much money, so maybe we'll just buy the MyAir tickets and cross our fingers. Also hoping for input from others who know about MyAir.
Apr 13th, 2005, 03:27 AM
Original Poster

topping
Sep 14th, 2005, 07:19 PM

Greetings everyone, we too are looking at flying MYAIR Venice to Paris. Have considered the Ryanair option out of Venice Trevesio to Paris Beauvais but it seems a real hassle. We are a family travelling, 2 kids aged 11 & 10. Propose doing this sector of our holiday in April 06. Another more expensive option is Air France, the oneway fare is ridiculous but a return fare is a bit more reasonable. I am always wary of the low cost carriers as they can sometimes be here today gone tomorrow. Having said that, they have an Airbus A320 fleet but I am going to do some more homework b4 I book. But they are very cheap.

Cheers from Downunder
Sep 14th, 2005, 09:31 PM

Another option that might be workable with a family would be the overnight train. You could have a 4-berth compartment, which avoids the question of sharing with strangers. Price seemed to be comparable - I think you can check trenitalia or sncf for prices.