Zoom Airlines: any experience out there?

Jul 27th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

Zoom Airlines: any experience out there?

We are considering using Zoom Airlines for a trip to Scotland. Has anybody here used them? I am usually a bit nervous about the relaibility of small airlines that have infrequent timetables. On the other hand I also have "religious" objections to changing planes if there is a non-stop available and nobody else does Toronto-Glasgow when we are going.
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:21 PM

I think you can get reasonably priced travel insurance (which Zoom may even offer) to cover the possibility of some sort of delay, which is certainly possible. I know someone who took Zoom last year YVR-LGW and it was a noneventful flight. I would try to get a straight answer from Zoom about these reliability issues. Given you are in Canada, I would also consider buying the ticket from a travel agent for the extra level of protection this involves (remember Canada3000). I have thought of taking Zoom and may do so in the next half-year or so.
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:52 PM

I seem to recall, from looking at their website last year, that Zoom has a strict luggage limit - I don't remember precisely what it is, but do look into that if you plan to take a lot of luggage.
Jul 27th, 2004, 10:50 PM

Try Canadian Affair at www.canadian-affair.com. Have used them three times for flights to Canada from the UK. This year I checked Zoom's prices and they were more expensive for the dates we wanted. I know Canadian Affair do flights to Glasgow as well as LGW, check them out. Hopefully you will not be disappointed. Plus this is one of the flights that has a 35 inch seat pitch, which means loads of leg room, we flew in a simular plane to Halifax earlier this year and were very impressed with the amount of leg room available, and we are two tall people!
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all. I called Zoom today and the agent acknowledged that there is some possibility of flights being changed by up to a day because of aircraft issues. In extreme cases they would put stranded passengers on another carrier. I did call a travel agency but they cannot book Zoom. I don't know if this is a general thing or just TD Travel. Canadian Affair looks intersting for future reference, especially some planes having 35 inch seat pitch! Unfortunately they are not flying the route on our dates. Checked bagage limits are 20kg or 30kg for "premium economy".
Jul 28th, 2004, 07:53 PM

I believe that Travel Cuts (check http://www.travelcuts.ca) can book Zoom flights for you.