Yukon, NWT, or Nunavut

Feb 19th, 2001, 07:39 PM
madoc

Yukon, NWT, or Nunavut

Hi, i was thinking of planning a three or four week vacation to Northern Canada during august. I was wondering if anyone had traveled to the terriories listed above, and which they would recommend the most. I would like to spend time travelling throughout all three, but unfortunately i do not have much time

Feb 21st, 2001, 01:29 PM
mary

yes

Feb 22nd, 2001, 02:04 PM
Madoc

Please answer this post

Apr 14th, 2001, 09:27 AM
xxxxxx

I would recommend the Yukon. It is easier to travel around in and has more sites and amenities for travelers. It is a beautiful place to visit and will be the trip of a lifetime. Many 'visitor' and up moving there after their visit.

Apr 16th, 2001, 02:53 PM
len webster

The Yukon provides easier access to various regions because of the accessibility of roads. If this is your preferred method of travel then the Yukon will satisfy you. NWT and Nunavut will require that you travel between regions by air which can be expensive. If money is not a consideration you can see some very amazing country by visiting Nunavut. If you are looking for some wilderness experience visit www.canadianexpeditions.com

Apr 17th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Thor

Madoc: I will give you a fourth choice; Labrador. It is actually the most Southerly of the destinations, but, because of its location next to Davis Strait, and the Labrador Current, its climate is similar to the more Northerly locations. Some say it is the most spectacular destination in the North. I lived there for 5 years, and have not seen anything in Yukon, NWT, or Nunavut to rival it except for parts of Baffin Island. North of Nain, you have the Torngat Mountains which are the highest mountains East of the Rockies. You actually have Ferry access to Nain on the Northern Ranger, with the bonus of seeing lots of neat fishing villages along the way. You can also see the George River Caribou Herd which is the largest such herd in the world. Something to think about. Enjoy whichever trip you take.

Apr 19th, 2001, 07:54 PM
Stephanie

Absolutely do the Yukon! This is a land that will make you realize that you are stomping on amazing ground. It is a place that takes you to the past, to the present and to what a future can be in a place where there are still many beautiful natural places, miles and miles of wilderness and yet, just when you desperately need it you can find a McDonalds! Traffic is a joke. When you come from any large city anywhere else in canada, it blows you away that you can travel for so long and see so few people. The Yukon is where you slip between a modern reality and an historic wilderness. It has it all!

Sep 7th, 2004, 06:45 PM

Lol - years later I'm replying...

just to say that there is only ONE McDonald's in all of the Yukon.

(yes, in Whitehorse)