XIX Siecle Hotel Montreal?

May 31st, 2006, 03:14 AM
Original Poster

XIX Siecle Hotel Montreal?

This small hotel in Old Town was recommended to me but it is not listed in Fodors website. Has anyone stayed there? Any other recommendations? I liked the Hotel Nelligan, but my husband doesn't do moderne.
May 31st, 2006, 12:17 PM

I stayed there for four nights about two years ago. I bought the room on luxury link. It was a very good experience. The hotel is small and has very nice rooms. Mine was large with floor to ceiling windows, a sitting area and a giant bed. The bathroom was very attractively decorated. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. The included breakfast was a generous buffet. I walked very where from there and was very pleased with it. I will definitely go back.
Jun 1st, 2006, 07:20 AM

I have never stayed there, but check tripadvisor.com for reviews
Jul 31st, 2006, 11:29 AM

Just stayed there, July 2006. The staff is very helpfull, the hotel is convenient and Bistrot Boris is close by (delicious food). Our room was a standard (room 207), queen bed, no view, located in the front of the hotel. It was quiet, a good size (meaning there is some space to walk around the bed and you could even do some floor excercises there), small, but well appointed bath (with tub), excellent decor and very high ceilings that made the room feel larger. The decor is not Modern, but more elegant contemporary (modern art, floor to ceiling windows with drapery, crown molding)
The breakfast was not included in the price and cost 12CDN, but there are plenty of places nearby with croissants & coffee/espresso to be had.
Aug 8th, 2006, 06:29 PM

Hotel Xixe Siecle (<--correct spelling for searches)

Aug 8th, 2006, 06:31 PM

I did have a few questions about this property:

Did anyone use the WiFi internet access? Was it free and did it function well?

Also, the reviews are great on tripadvisor. Someone mentioned their room had a down comforter? Is the bedding grand? The rooms look nice on their website, but the photos show bedspreads rather than duvet covers. I love hotels with luxurious bedding.