Reload this Page >

white water rafting

Search

white water rafting

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:16 PM
hope

white water rafting

we'll be staying in Banff at the end of the month....we'd love to go to white water rafting - any recommendations or thoughts?

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Mike

hey, I will be there too. Looking for the same. Canmore and Golden, out pwest past Yoho have some outfitters. Also some combo horse back riding and water water trips in Canmore.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Susan

We just came back from Banff/Lake Louis and Jasper. There are so many white water rafting companies to choose from. I honestly don't think one is much better than the other. We went with a comp. called Hydra and had a great time!!! It depends on what type of trip/class of white water you want and the cost you want to spend. Ours was from 8 - 3ish and it included lunch and the trip was 90 canadian. It was alot of fun down the Kicking Horse River - class 1 - 4 all in the same trip. Good luck.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:31 AM
x

i was just checking this out yesterday for my august trip. there is a one day one on the kicking house river that sounds decent. all the prices seemed to be within $10-15 of each other - around $90/day. have fun. don't expect too much...by august the water will be fairly low.<BR>rafting.ca<BR>wildwater.com<BR>raftbanff.c om<BR>raf­tadventures.com<BR>miragetoursc.com

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 02:52 PM
hope

Just returned from the Canadian Rockies, and ended up white water rafting in Jasper with Maligne Water Tours - it was great! Level 3, and about 50 minutes of rafting time. <BR><BR>My advice to anyone looking to do the white water rafting is to consider the amount of travel time vs raft time - some of the tours cost the same, but you end up on a bus for several hours - don't forget about the amount of time to change into wet suits and learn safety instructions!