Reload this Page >

Eastern Townships

Search

Eastern Townships

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 05:00 AM
Sharon

Eastern Townships

We'll be visiting Manoir Hovey in the Eastern Townships at the end of April. Can anyone recommend interesting activities or places to visit while we're in the area. Thanks.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Alex

Lovely area, but I've only been there in the middle of summer or dead of winter!<BR><BR>Walk around the very small town of North Hatley (nearest town to Hovey) for small art galleries. or drive to larger towns like Magog (south) or Drummondville or even Sherbrooke (north) for more variety Go horseback riding at Jacques Robidas (just north of North Hatley) . Lots of Golfing in the area, if you're into that. Or, just hang out at Hovey, borrow their bikes for a ride in the countryside.<BR>What are your interests?For how long will you be in the area? From where are you coming? If you're staying a long time, and are coming from far away, you might want to drive into Montreal for the day (about 1-11/2 hour drive)

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Sharon

Dear Alex-<BR>Thanks for your input. We will definitely visit the towns that you recommended. We're only going to be at Hovey for two days, and then we're heading west to our favorite city, Montreal for several days. We should have a great time.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Alex

Have a great time, Sharon. I hope you enjoy the inn and the weather is good for your trip. Please feel free to ask any more questions about the area --I really love it there!

Old May 15th, 2002, 02:06 PM

topping for Joanie

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 08:47 AM
el

How far is it from Hatley to QUebec?<BR>Thanks.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Louis

North Hatley to Quebec City is about a 3 hour drive.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Candice

Skip Sherbrooke as it's too industrial. Magog is okay but very much like several other towns in the area. Sutton is beautiful and frequently in the travel section in Vermont. Knowlton is another beautiful town. If you like wine tasting there is a wine route through Dunham but that may be out of your way.