Search

Whistler restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2008, 08:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whistler restaurants

Hello,
Our family of four, 2 adults and 2 teens, are spending our dream Christmas ski vacation in Whistler. We will be staying in Whistler Village and plan to buy groceries in the village and cook most of our meals in our room (equipped with a full kitchen).

However, we plan to splurge a little for Christmas. Any recommendations for a moderately priced dinner for Christmas eve and on Christmas? (i.e. willing to spend around $20-$30 per person). We are open to various cuisines, American, Italian, Japanese, etc. and open to buffets or sit down. Also, any thoughts on when I should make reservations?

Old Jul 31st, 2008, 08:41 PM

there is a spaghetti factory in the village; not haute cuisine but always good value and fun
A/D
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 07:12 PM

If you have your own car..better to buy groceries in Vancouver preferably or at least Squamish...we found groceries to be over the wall in Whistler.

There is a decent sized grocery store int the Whistler upper village..for last minute stuff..

We stayed at Westin Whistler in the Lower Village and we had a very nice room with 2 bedrooms built in kitchen and a very nice balcony with fireplace.

Also restaurant: I would definately call teh hotel concierge..if staying at a Hotel for xmas dinner ideas...
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 07:32 AM

Hi,

Check into the Irish pub in Whistler's Pan Pacific hotel - very authentic, delicious food and your teens will enjoy the Irish pub culture. Christmas dinner at the Wildflowers restaurant in the Fairmont Whistler and it was really lovely with big roaring fire and delicious dinner. The hotel is decorated for Christmas and it feels like someone's personal home. The Four Seasons Whistler has a variety of restaurants and is family-friendly. The Fairmont Whistler also has a deli that makes custom sandwiches, salads, homebaked goodies...great for a picnic or casual meal. Araxi is located in the main square and has been around and busy for years - good gourmet burgers for teens and upscale cuisine for adults.

Best Regards,
Julia
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 06:18 PM

Like most ski resorts, the restaurants at Whistler tend to be pricey compared to similar fare in a major urban center. Given your price range ($20-$30 per person) I don't think you will find the restaurants at the Four Season meet your needs. For Christmas Eve you may want to try The Keg, which has some specials (salad and entree) for around $30. For Christmas day I believe you can order a roasted turkey in advance from the supermarket in the village.
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Original Poster

Hi all--Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions which I will follow up on. We won't have a car, so we'll need to purchase our groceries at the IGA and/or dine at restaurants within walking distance of the village. Appreciate your responses!