whirlpool jets

Jun 22nd, 2005, 05:38 AM
kgn
Original Poster

whirlpool jets

Do I need to make reservations for the jetboats or can we just show up that day? Do they sell out? My kids are 7 & 11 will this be good for them?
Jun 22nd, 2005, 09:58 AM

We went on this ride out of Niagara-on-the-Lake and just basically showed up and took the next boat going out. If a particular trip is sold out, you can sign up for the next one. I think they run several per day.

When we went on this there was a young boy (?about 5 or 6 years old) who was absolutely petrifried the whole trip, and spent most of it crying and literally screaming that he wanted to get off. I felt very sorry for him. It's not really a scary ride, but may be a bit much for young children depending on whether they get scared easily or are afraid of water. You are your best judge of your children. I would not sit in the front of the boat with young children as most of the water that is taken on during the ride really hits those in the front full force.

That being said, I think the jetboat ride is great fun, and would love to do it again. It's really quite a thrill. Be aware that the water is very cold (not a big deal if going on a nice summer day), and you will get very wet no matter where you are sitting, so dress accordingly.
Jun 22nd, 2005, 11:59 AM
kgn
Original Poster

Cher:
When did you go? What time of year? As we are planning on going July 4th weekend I want to make sure I get on the boat! THoughts
Jun 22nd, 2005, 06:00 PM

We went a few summers ago ... I can't recall if it was a holiday weekend. I'm sure it will be very crowded that WE. Why don't you call; their number is 905/468-4800. There is some good information about the ride if you go the Niagara-on-the-Lake Chamber of Commerce website at www.niagaraonthelake.com and then check under "Attractions" for Whirlpool Jet Tours. There's lots of info. Have fun...
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:15 PM

If you make a reservation in advance, ask for a $5 discount...that would save you $20 on afamily of four...plus you will guarantee not being shutout... as far as fear goes... if your kids are normal 7 and 11 year olds, they will want to go again! I promise that this will be the most memorable experience of your trip...and remember wear your bathing suits and wet shorts and bring a quick change of clothes in the car... have fun