DELAGUARDA....what to expect?

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 07:48 AM
ulysses

DELAGUARDA....what to expect?

Hi friends. I am taking my 18 yr old kid brother to NY after Christmas for a weekend and I thought of getting us tickets for delaguarda. This is more up his alley, I think than les mis or beauty or phantom. I have read reviews about it and would just like to ask anyone who has seen it what they think? I wasn't planning to tell him what we're watching so if it's true that there is a big possibility that we might get wet, I should probably ask him to bring a change to clothing (?) or a raincoat (?). My apologies if that question sounded silly. Thanks everyone.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 08:00 AM
katie

Expect noise, dirt, water and being jostled.
But it is fun!
You will stand and you will be looking up. It is crazy and fun, wear clothes that can get splashed.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:58 AM
yolanda

It can be annoying because of the jostling as some folks can get very rowdy. And some women have been touched and fondled inappropriately. But it's a great show, unlike any other you will find the good fortune to find in the city.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Steph

Agree with the others - lots of fun, you can get wet or jostled but it is just as easy to avoid most of the water. When I saw it, there were people of all ages and everyone looked like they were just having a great time, no one got rowdy. Definitely a good choice for an 18 yr old guy. (and for you, too)

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 02:12 PM
ulysses

Thanks Steph but this is a 68 yr old man and I'm afraid that it might get too rowdy for me. The kid brother was adopted hence the age difference.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 04:09 AM
Owen O'Neill

the "water" is really a heavy mist - you're nto going to get soaked. The jostling is just the moving around to see the performers and make room for them during the times they are on the floor audience area during their routine. The only real challenge of the show si the fact that you stand for the entire performance but once it starts there's enough moving around that your legs will have a chance to get stretched. If you want a little extra bit of elbow room just stand towards the edge of the crowd once the show starts. Go - Age 18 or 68 makes no difference - it's a fun show and worth seeing.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 05:51 AM
thereuare

I thought the show was "ok", but for a similar (but much better) experience i would try to get tix to Blue Man Group (Astor Place Theater) instead.