Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where to spend a few nights between Montreal and Quebec city?

May 31st, 2010, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Hello

We are in the midst of planning a trip to Montreal and Quebec city. We will have 8 nights and are going to try for open jaw tickets. We will drive from Montreal to Quebec City. We wanted to mix some "relaxing, country, scenic" time with these 2 cities and we do not want to rush around too much on this vacation (i will be in my 2nd trimester)

Many of the fodor members have suggested adding on a stay in the Charlevoix area. After researching Tadoussec and the other regions, I absolutely love this idea, however my husband feels it will be too much additional driving/travel time.

So I was wondering are their any nice areas or resorts between Montreal and Quebec that would warrant a couple of days?
May 31st, 2010, 02:03 PM

It's not really geographaically "in between" Montreal and Quebec, but you might want to investigate Magog in the Eastern Townships. Bustling and pleasant resort town on a nice lakeside setting surrounded by a mix of moutainous areas and scenic pastoral countryside. Famous Abbey just outside of town also makes a well known Blue Cheese and there are other Quebec Fromageries (Cheese makers) in the area. Smaller resort town of Hatley nearby makes a nice day-trip in combination with a countryside-fromagerie tour.