Where for milestone B-Day?

May 10th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Tracey

Where for milestone B-Day?

I have a milestone b-day last week in Sept. Live in Arizona and am looking to be out of town and in romantic location on the big day. Am thinking Montreal/Quebec: European, lots to see, romantic, yet not across Atlantic. Good idea? Other ideas? Last week in Sept. should be gorgeous in U.S. east coast. Any thoughts there? All ideas would be most appreciated-am at loss-husband no help.

May 10th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Molly

Nova Scotia,Canada - lovely coastal and inland scenery, not real touristy, maritime music and festivals,interesting,friendly, - can drive, fly, or take a ferry over for a short cruise experience with dinner,dancing slots, etc. Romantic b&bs and inns abound.
Bar Harbor, Maine area - don't get the Canadian exchange, but should be affordable and not crowded this time of year. My favorite area of Maine for Acadia National Park and outdoor recreation.
Have a Happy Birthday, Tracey!

May 11th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Brian Kilgore

Montreal is a great idea. IF you don't speak French, don't worry.

Diet for a few weeks before hand; if you are there to eat, you'll have a wonderful time. Weather should be nice, trees should be beautiful, and the US dollar will go an extra long way in buying you treats.

BAK

May 12th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Visit

The last week of September northern New England should be glorious. The Woodstock Inn in Woodstock, VT would be ideal for a special occasion. I'd also recommend either the Mount Washington hotel in Bretton Woods, NH or Black Point Inn on Prouts Neck, Maine. Perhaps you can start or end your Canadian vacation in New England. But, reservations will be hard to get at this very popular time of year.

May 13th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Louis

Yes, Montreal/Quebec. Europe without the jet lag... or the attitude.

May 13th, 2002, 09:02 AM
A.M.

I personally don't find Montreal to be a romantic city. The most romantic "city" in North America (imo)is Quebec City about 2+ hours drive or train north of Montreal. I suggest you go there, September will be a wonderful time. A.M.