Reload this Page >

Driving from Seattle to Vancouver

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Thanks to those who answered my previous Vanouver questions.<BR><BR>We'll be driving from Seattle to Vancouver on a weekday leaving Seattle around 10 AM. I know it's about 140 miles, but how long should this take? What's the border crossing like? Any ideas for a quick, casual lunch on the way that's not fast food? Thanks in advance.

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:24 AM
gary

If you eliminate the border crossing time the drive is about 2 1/2 hours. The border crossing can take anywhere from 5 minutes to almost two hours. Right after Bellingham turn your radio to 1130AM which is a Vancouver all news station. Every ten minutes there is a traffic report and usually they mention the Border crossing times. There are three crossings which will take you into Vancouver and sometimes the difference between them is almost an hour. <BR><BR>Remember to take picture proof of citizenship and no firearms are allowed in Canada. Usually getting into Canada is easier than getting back into the states.<BR><BR>Someone else will have to advise you on the food thing.

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:23 AM
g Mitchell

About 5 miles befor MtVernon on I-5 you will see a sign for Conway ( I think it is highway 534 ) turn left and it will take you in the back way to a little town called LaConnor. It is interesting and a good place to stop for lunch -- resturants, art galleries and antiques. You can get back to I-5 easily by going north out of LaConnor.<BR><BR>Try to hit VAncouver before 3PM. There is a 4 lane tunnel that you have to go through on hoghway 99 and in the morning rush it is 3 lanes coming in and in the afternoon, 3 going OUT. The one lane entering Vancouver often cause quite lengthy backups.<BR>

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:38 AM
April

You might be a bit early for lunch but in Marysville just off I-5 is a large new-looking, log style restaurant. Sorry I don't know the name but you just turn right off the freeway, then turn right again I believe. Can't miss it. If you have pancakes you get your own little bottle of syrup.

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:43 AM
April

Also, forgot to mention, we were through the crossing at Blaine in about 5 minutes, just before noon. Fill up there where gas is cheap-cheap if you can, before crossing into Canada.