What room in the Banff Springs

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Anna

What room in the Banff Springs

Anyone have a good room to ask for in the Bannf Springs? Also, any hotel recommendations in Lake Louise?

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 09:03 AM
banffroomie

Ask for a room with windows overlooking the Bow River Valley.<BR><BR>Having made this request a long time in advance, I was exceedingly ticked one time to be assigned to a garret room with no view at all. <BR><BR>I complained immediately to the front desk manager and was soon changed to the type of room I had requested. <BR><BR>My suspicion is that I got the dud room because I was young, female and travelling solo. This was a few years back and maybe they are more enlightened now.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 10:01 PM
David

The hotel isn't what it used to be. While the public spaces are grand, the rooms are old and dreary.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 10:56 AM
JenY

I don't think it's old and dreary -- really depends on the room. Have been many times and still love it.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Mary

In Lake Louise, two superb hotels would be the Chateau Lake Louise, (possibly now called the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise), and the Post Hotel. We've stayed at the Chateau, and it is exquisite... and is priced accordingly! I've also read stellar reviews of the Post Hotel. If you stay at the Chateau, ask for a room overlooking Lake Louise and Victoria Glacier. Enjoy your trip!

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 09:09 AM
x

post hotel in lake louise

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:29 AM
Kathy

We like the Post in Lake Louise.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 08:24 PM
room

Definately request room 20034 it is infinately superior to room 20035.<BR><BR>Just kidding, but you will understand when you see the place.