Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

has anyone stayed at these Hotels in lake louise,Banff& jasper?

Mar 13th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Original Poster

Hello Has anyone stayed at The Fairmont Chateau (Lake louise),Lobstick Lodge (Jasper) & Cariboo Lodge (Banff)?.I would like any info on them Pros & Cons distance from local attraction etc.
Thanks in advance
Tom
Mar 13th, 2004, 04:01 AM

Fairmont Chateau lake louise, very nice worth the price you pay for. In Jasper stay at Fairmont Jasper also very beautiful, quite pricy too. We stayed in Mount Royal hotel in Banff, price reasonable and its in the center of everything, includes Brewster bus pick up too, so if you plan to join their local tour, no need to rush to go to pick up points.
Mar 13th, 2004, 04:04 AM

I have stayed at Chateau Lake Louise twice. Both times we paid around $150 USD for rooms which were not particularly nice. Once our room was directly above the kitchen vent...not pleasant. After these two experiences we switched to the Post Hotel, which is wonderful. Two other places we absolutely love are Lake O'Hara Lodge and Mt. Engadine Lodge. Hikers' paradise.
Mar 15th, 2004, 04:16 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the info anyone stayed at the other two hotels?
Mar 15th, 2004, 11:41 AM

I stayed at the Lobstick in 2000.

The location was fine - right near everything in the main townsite. The staff and rooms were fine as well, but it is more of a Holiday-Inn type basic accommodation. It has that kind of clean yet institutional feeling, if you know what I mean. Not a huge amount of character but a fine place to stay.

I only point this out because it is a different class of accommodation than you may find Chateau Lake Louse (of course it is also cheaper, relatively speaking). We had one bedroom suite with a kitchen that had lots of room for a dining area, couch, tv, etc. and we could cook so it was comfortable.

The Lobstick is a family type hotel so you may have lots of kids around, but we didn't find it overly noisy or anything like that.
Mar 16th, 2004, 04:51 AM

We stayed at Caribou Lodge 3-4 years ago for a few days after Christmas. It was fine. We had a 2 bedroom - main floor is tight - small galley kitchen in the living room area. Small l.r. with a fireplace and a bedroom on main flr. Upstairs is a nice bedroom with en suite. We really enjoyed the hot tub at that time of year. We drove a few minutes into town. I seem to recall a roadhouse type restaurant either on the property or very close. I'd stay again.