Reload this Page >

WATERTON LODGING

Search

WATERTON LODGING

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 06:56 PM
LINDA CUNNINGHAM

WATERTON LODGING

WOULD LIKE LODGING IN WATERTON THIS JULY/BASE FOR HIKING ETC IN THE PARK. SOMETHING NICE BUT NOT EXPENSIVE THANK YOU LINDA CUNNINGHAM

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Susan

Hi, Linda! I do not have the answer to your question but I have noticed your prior posts. I am wondering why you always post in capital letters? It is very difficult to read.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:15 AM
Sue

Linda<BR><BR>I'm hardly an expert as we are making our first trip to Waterton in April. I can tell you that Waterton is not a place I would particularly characterize as 'inexpensive' and certainly not in July. Rooms will be $140 and up at that time, from what my search on accomodation tells me.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 10:50 AM
Denise

The least expensive would probably be the Bayshore Inn, the more expensive the Waterton Glacier Suites, Kilmorey Lodge and ofcourse, the Prince of Wales which is worth a visit but not that great rooms, especially for the cash.<BR><BR>The Bayshore is on the internet, just run a search for Waterton accomodation.<BR><BR>Do book in advance as Waterton is quite small and always fills up quickly.<BR><BR>Good luck and have fun.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 11:12 AM
Tim

For less expensive, go with the Bayshore Inn. Its right on the lake, and although the price is lower than the other places, it is still clean, comfortable, and very adequate. I have stayed there, and would recommend it to anyone not looking for luxury accomodations.<BR><BR>Enjoy Waterton! And heed Denise's advice and book early!

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 01:13 PM
Bob Brown

I stayed at the Shintangle B and B last year. It is not far from the entrance to Waterton Park, and it is a quick drive to cover the distance. (No traffic lights; little traffic.)<BR><BR>The B and B itself is part of a family home that is fairly new. The B and B rooms are large and more like a good motel room in decor and layout.<BR>The bed rooms are separated from the main house by the breakfast area. There is a separate entrance for the B and B guests. <BR><BR>I liked the place and would go back.<BR>I think you will find motels in Waterton expensive, but there are some good restaurants there.<BR>

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 04:07 PM
Denise

Didn't even think about a b&amp;b, Bob, thanks for that info. Isn't it near Cardston?<BR><BR>The only restaurant that I really like in Waterton is at the Kilmorey. Any more suggestions? (BTW, the Kilmorey isn't cheap but it is nice).

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:25 AM
Lenore

You could also consider the Aspen Village Inn (which is owned by the same family that owns the Kilmorey Lodge). It is in the same price range as the Bayshore Inn.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:08 PM
Bob Brown

The Shintangle has a web site.<BR>The establishment is on the road to Pincher Creek, but it is not far from Cardston.<BR><BR>If you are in the area take in the Remington Carriage Museum in Cardston.<BR>It is a neat place. I have seen it twice, and my reaction was that Mr. Remington put a lot of time and money into preserving the history of the West.<BR><BR>If you want to stay cheap, I suggest a motel in Pincher Creek. Shintange is not budget accomodations. It is new and the rooms are large with separate a/c units.<BR>