Victoria - Travellers Inn

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please help!!<BR><BR>Travellers Inn are offering a rate of 16 GBP (US$25.60) per night on their website, for the time we are going to be there. This seems like an excellent deal to me. Thing is, what is the best one to stay at. Could anyone help?<BR><BR>It looks like the most central ones are:<BR><BR>Downtown (Douglas Street)<BR>City Centre (Douglas Street)<BR>On Douglas (Queens Street)<BR>On Blanshard (Queens Street)<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>xx
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:19 AM
Original Poster

For �1 more, you can get The Grand Resort instead - which is a special offer they are running at the moment - what do you think???<BR><BR>xx
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:55 AM
DS

I've stayed at the Travellers Inn on Douglas and it was a less than pleasant experience. The rooms were not terribly clean and the walls were definitely not soundproof.. there was some sort of huge party (hockey game i think) going on in one of the rooms near us and that left ppl yelling in the hallways at night.. my guess is they were drunk too. Anyways, maybe it was just that I had an unpleasant experience at the hotel. <BR>Location wise, Douglas st, is walkable to downtown in about 20minutes, but it was a scary walk at night .. shady characters on the street. I didn't feel safe at all even if I was walking with 4-5 people. It might be ok if you're planning on driving though.<BR><BR>and just a note- when i stayed there, breakfast was included, but i found most of the goodies- croissants, danishes etc to be stale. Coffee was good though.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:36 AM

I'd see if you can do a search on this subject; there were a lot of postings about Travellers Inns. They don't seem to be very good places to stay. I've driven past several of them and they don't look too bad from the outside, but the reviews they get here are terrible.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:20 PM

Hi, I stayed at Paul's Motor Inn last summer and it was cheap and really not too bad..The rooms were really clean and a great diner attached...For a budget hotel, I would recommend it and would also stay there again..It was only about 30.00 US.....