Reload this Page >

Vancouver airport area hotels- need help choosing one

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Vicky

In February 2003 I have a one stopover in Vancouver. Probably arriving late evening, and checking out early morning. I have been doing some searching and have found these hotels, not too badly priced. <BR><BR>Best Western Abercorn Inn<BR>Holiday Inn- Bridgeport Rd?<BR>Travelodge<BR>Quality Inn<BR>Coast Hotel<BR><BR>The Best Western and Holiday Inn are around $85.00 Canadian a night. Would like to pay under 90.00 Canadian before taxes.<BR><BR>I am also looking for one with a free shuttle.<BR><BR>I haven't checked the prices of the other yet. I don't need anything fancy, as long as it is clean and safe.<BR><BR>Any opinions of the above hotels? Open to other suggestions. Thanks!

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 09:22 PM
gary

They are all of virtually the same mid range quality and one is not markedly better than the other so make your best deal and take that one.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Robyn

One option is the Best Western Richmond Inn. They have a 24 hour free shuttle (I know this from my experience working at their coffee shop there back when I was in school!) February is low season... so you should be able to find a fair price.<BR><BR>http://www.richmondinn.com

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:58 PM
rand

All the 'airport hotels' seem to have free shuttle services. Many share the same shuttle which loops around a half dozen places every half hour.<BR>Holiday Inn has two airport hotels. One is called 'Holiday Inn' the other is called 'Holiday Inn Express'. The express is, or was last year, cheaper.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 05:14 AM
cindy

I stayed at the Best Western Richmond Inn, and it was perfectly fine. It has a free shuttle, which, as one of the above posters says, it shares with the other hotels in the area. I would think they're all of similar calibre; I was quite happy with my choice.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Vicky

Thank you everyone for your help! I ended up booking the Holiday Inn Express- Vancouver Airport. There prices weren't bad, free shuttle. Thanks!