vancouver

Apr 15th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

vancouver

Hi folks,
I'm planning on staying in downtown Vancouver for about a week in July. My travel agent suggested the Barkley Hotel(not the B&B) or the Rosedale Suites. I am unable to find anyfeedback on these hotels. Any thoughts? My personal preference would be either the Sutton Place or the Sheraton Vancouver wall center. Any opions about them?
Mahalo, Galoha
Apr 15th, 2005, 09:41 AM
ron

I recommend the Sheraton Wall Centre, after a couple of multi-night stays -- large, comfortable rooms, quality hotel, great views if you are high enough, good location.

There are a half dozen reviews of the Barclay (note spelling) hotel on Trip Advisor.
Apr 15th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Original Poster

ron,
Thanks. Our agent also recommended the landmark and the Century Plaza.
Apr 16th, 2005, 04:58 PM

Hi Galoha, I found some feedback for you on the hotels you mentioned, at this site:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1...ia-Hotels.html

Hope this helps.
Apr 16th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks sohara,
I've already checked out the website, but would like to hear other feedback specifically related to Rosedale, and othe hotels such as the Residence Inn by Marriot and Renaissance Harborside or any other hotel you feel is owrth taying in for about a week.
Apr 17th, 2005, 11:06 AM

Sorry, can't help you on the Rosedale or the Barclay. I can recommend the Coast Plaza on Comox Street if you don't mind a dated decor, but lots of room, good views and a great location.

For a pricier accommodation I can recommend the Pan Pacific for location, view and luxury. And of course, nothing beats the Wedgewood boutique hotel.
Apr 17th, 2005, 11:44 PM

With regards to the Rosedale on Robson, I would highly reccommend it. It is a bargain for a downtown hotel and its location cannot be beat. You are close to Yaletown (a great area made up of converted warehouses with lots of restaurants and shops) as well as the downtown core, Robson Street, mall, Granville St etc. While the Sutton place and Sheraton are very lovely, unless you plan on spending a lot of time in your room and want a luxury hotel experience, I would stick with the Rosedale. There are actually some amazing views on some of the higher floors. My husband and I lived at this hotel for 2 months last year when we were out of our home due to a flood and it was great. The hotel is very well kept, has recently replaced most of their carpet and some furnishings. I stress, you can't go wrong with this choice. Enjoy my beautiful city!
Apr 19th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Original Poster

Wow, thanks TamiM. I appreciate the feedback and will definitely consider it. It's now in the mix with the Sheraton Wall Center and the REsidence Inn by Marriott. There are son may beautiful places to stay that it's a matter of location and convenience.
Mahalo, Galoha