Trip to Cape Breton

Jun 10th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Trip to Cape Breton

We will be in Cape Breton in August. We are not sure where to stay. Baddeck or Ingonish? We are mostly interested in beaches, therefore we'd like a hotel (not cottage) on the beach. During our stay we plan on going whale watching and to Louisburg. Any suggestions?
Jun 10th, 2003, 04:56 PM

Well, Baddeck is on the lakes and therefore, no beach (well, sand that is and salt water). Ingonish has a beautiful beach but I must warn you, not the warmest waters. Whale watching you can do from either Cheticamp or Pleasant Bay (which boasts a whale interpretation center). Louisbourg is absolutely awesome, do spend a night there! The fortress itself is a day trip.

Jun 10th, 2003, 06:10 PM
wow

There are no hotels or cottages on the beach.
Jun 11th, 2003, 01:14 AM

In Ingonish check out this site. One of my coworkers stayed recently and said it was quite lovely.

www.capebretonresorts.com It is the Glenghorm Beach resort.

I found one more
www.seascapecoastalretreat.com

Hope this helps.
Jun 11th, 2003, 07:59 AM
wow

Hi, Tanya! Thx for the websites for the cottages on the beach. I did not know about them!
Jun 11th, 2003, 06:41 PM

Hi Catarina, I agree with Tanya Baddeck would be the place to stay its right on the water. The place I would reccomend would be The Inverary Inn. www. capebretonresorts.com is as close as your going to get to a beach in baddeck. Your whale watching would take place up at the north end of the island either at cheticamp ot pleaseant bay both have good companys. take a look at www. novascotia.com you'll get some names there. Also by all means see Louisbourg its fantastic and a must see. Step back in to 1744 in this french fortress all the talk at this time was about the inpending war with the english see how people lived day to day here in Isle Royale.