Hotel LeGermain - Toronto

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've confirmed reservations for July 8-13 at Hotel LeGermain in Toronto for nightly rate of $150 CAD Tue-Wed-Thur, then rate jumps to $199 CAD for Fri & Sat nights. Continental breakfast is included each morning.

We also are holding res at Westin Harbour Castle @ $185 CAD per night.

1. Are both of these nice places?
2. Do you think these rates are high?
3. Think I could do better on Priceline, if I request 4 **** downtown?

Thoughts please. Thank you.
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 11:55 AM

http://www.toronto.com/profile/822542
Here is a site telling a little about it. If it is the same group as the Le Germain in Montreal and the Dominion in Quebec, you can't go wrong.
Have a great time!
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 06:06 PM

hi - those are bargain prices...le germain was written up in today's globe and mail you can probably get the story on line. very nice and trendy - you won't see these rates ever again - they are to get people into town to show that sars stuff is overblown in media and that everything is normal here. have fun!
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 06:07 PM

Today's Globe and Mail had a review of LeGermain in the Travel section but I could not find the article at globeandmail.com. The rates you have are consistent with the article and are introductory rates as the hotel just recently opened. The article gave the hotel a very good review (consistent with views on the sister hotels in Montreal and Quebec) - the breakfast area is open but the restaurant opens, I think, July and the fitness area isn't quite ready. It is in a good location (heart of "Entertainment District&quot and is one of Toronto's few "boutique" hotels.

The Westin is fine. It is located on the lake which has its pluses (nice view, right on Harbourfront) and its minuses (not as close to other attractions and restaurants).

I have never used it but you probably will get lower price on priceline. It partly depends on how full hotels are during your dates.

If you aren't choosy and price is important, you can probably find lower prices as occupancy levels are down. Check hotels and also try toronto.com as there are a number of promotions happening although some of these expire June 30.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 07:33 PM
BAK

I've been in both in the past few days.

Le Germaine is, as descibed above, a brand new boutique hotel I went in on a Sunday morning just to have a look around, partly because of a positive article in toronto Life written by a friend of mine.

I was immediately approched by a stffer, adn before I knew it was in a room, touring the lobby, into the construction of the restaurants, etc.

I have written elsewhere that this is my kind of hotel.

Outside I shot a picture of a new Hummer 2 and a Jaguar Sedan out front, which to me said a gret deal about the hotel. Yhen the Hummer driver came out, so I asked him about the htoel. Turns out he andhis wife had stayed at Le Germaine in Montreal a couple of weeks earlier, and loved it. So his wife took him to this Toronto Le Germaine for his birthday, and to Tiny & Tina's Wedding in a theatre just down the street.

As to location -- it all depends on what you like. I strolled from the Westin Harbour Castle up past Le Germaine to my office the other day. HC is down by the water, nice in July. LeG is in the entertainment district, so great restaurants are right next door.

So I don't think it makes no never mind.

Le Germaine has glassed-in showers with full views into the rest of the room, for those with a sense of adventure. And venetian blinds in the shower for those without the sense of adventure.

Le Germiane with become THE hotel for art directors, photographers, fashion designers, many movie stars, etc. It's bar will become my bar, on those rare times when I need a bar.

BAK

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 04:53 AM

BAK, I have taken a plenty of showers in the Le Germain in Montreal and they are really cool at night! Something about being able to shower or lie in a tub with the window "open" and looking out at the lights of the city is so relaxing and nice!
We have yet to make it to Toronto, but at least from this I do know where we will stay-Le Germain has terrific service!