Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Toronto for a girls weekend?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having a girls weekend end of October early November to see "Wicked" and I am trying to find a trendy boutique hotel (we usually like these more than the large chain hotels.) I was interested in Hotel Le Germain but I am a little turned off by a comment that a LOUD bar was across the street (having had a similar bad experience in Montreal where we actually had to leave the hotel because no one could sleep!) I also cant view the hotel on-line because I dont have a flash media installed (frustruating!) Any other suggestions? Price not really an issue because we split it three ways. Just looking for something in a good location with a boutique feel. Thanks!!
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:28 AM
wow

Was that loud bar across the street from Le Germain in Montreal or some other boutique hotel in Montreal? I am thinking of staying @ Le Germain in Montreal in the near future but not if there is a loud bar across the street.
(Sorry I cannot help w/ your question b/c the "boutique hotel" in To that I wld have recommended wld have been Le Germain. I did not know about the loud bar!)
Old May 7th, 2006, 10:52 AM

The Cosmopolitan, really cool, atmosphere and hotel staff were great, we got a great deal through travel at the time, check it out....
Old May 8th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

The loud bar in Montreal was at the Auberge du vieux port. Other than that it was a very cute french country hotel with exposed wood beams and wrought iron beds in Old Montreal. They transfered us to a sister hotel Le Place d'arms which was very "W" like. We loved it. So is the bar near Le Germain not an issue then?
Old May 8th, 2006, 06:03 PM
wow

Great! Then we will continue w/ our plans for Le Germain Montreal. Now, about you...where will you stay in Toronto? BTW, where did you hear that the was a loud bar across from Le Germain in To?
Old May 9th, 2006, 08:51 AM
BAK

I'm confised.

Do these girls want to stay in Toronto or Montreal?

Maybe there's a Cosmopolitan in Montreal; there is one in Toronto that faces the back of an office building, and will probably be quiet.

Le Germain in toronto-- bars come and go. Who knows if whatever is across thestreet will be quiet or not? Ask for a room on the back -- probably a better view, and there's a parking lot thee and the back of a bunch of restaurants.

But it seems to me that trnedy places tend to be in lively places, and they tend to be noisy.

By October, most of the rooftop patios are closed, so it is a lot quieter than August.

One King West -- quieter, I bet, and not badly located. Plus, it is cool.

bAK
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:29 AM

I really liked the Suites at 1 King West but they have only King beds if you want 2 doubles or queens.
Sofabeds are available in some suites at an additional price.
Check the website, but prices are increasing in the fall.