travelling from Victoria to Burnaby via Ferry

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone please help me with the best way to go from Victoria to Burnaby. I know I have to take the Ferry from Victoria, my Brother says he will drive me to the Ferry, I walk on and take the bus. This sound easy enough but....

I am not sure the Bus goes directly to Burnaby. I am going to 4664 Louheed Highway. The business I am going was to call and tell me if they are on the "light tail" line or not and what is the best route/option.

Sorry to be so clueless..any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much,

Rod
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 03:07 PM

...I'm sure they mean the Light Rail Line - aka Skytrain.
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 07:16 AM
ron

Ah, 4664 Lougheed Highway, that address is seared in my mind - the former headquarters of the dead and unlamented Infowave Software. You would take the Millennium Line of the Skytrain system to the Brentwood Town Centre station. The building (now signed as the Canon building) is maybe 150 metres east of the station on the right hand side of the road.

http://www.translink.ca/en/Schedules-and-Maps.aspx

I have no idea where ferries from Victoria land.
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 08:00 AM

Here's a rough idea of what I came up with to get to the
Lougheed address:

From the Tsawwassen Terminal you take the Translink bus to
the Bridgeport Station; there you transfer onto the skytrain
Canada Line; that will take you to Waterfront Station where
you transfer onto the skytrain Millenium Line - then follow
Ron's advice and get off at Brentwood Station.

No idea how many zones that will be - but take lots of small
bills. lol.

Hope that helps a bit and the info is correct.
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 04:33 AM

Hi,
Up to now what i will suggest you that you must go through the Skytrain it will suit you and create ease
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 06:14 AM

Make things easy for you. Tell your brother not to drive you to the ferry. Tell him to drive you to the Pacific Coach Lines bus stop behind the Empress Hotel in downtown Victoria.

There you will hop on the Pacific Coach Lines bus.

That bus drives from downtown Victoria to the Swartz Bay ferry terminal (35 minute drive) and it drives right onto the ferry.

During the 90 minute ferry ride from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen, you disembark the bus and get to explore the ferry - grab a bite to eat or simply admire the views. When you're nearing the Tsawwassen ferry terminal, there will be an announcment and you'll go back downstairs to the parking decks and board your bus.

Once at the Tsawwassen ferry terminal, the bus drives off the ferry, and then it's about a 40 minute drive from Tsawwassen to downtown Vancouver's Pacific Central Station (bus/train station). You'll walk off the bus.

Across the street is the Main Street-Science World Skytrain station. You can't miss it - it's a major monorail-type thing in the sky. Go there. Pay for a 2-zone fair (which will be good for 90 minutes of riding the Skytrain). You can pay cash, debit or credit on the machines here.

Board the next east-bound Skytrain. It doesn't matter which Skytrain - just take it one stop east to Broadway Station.

Get off at Broadway Station. This is where the Skytrain's "Expo Line" and "Millenium Line" cross paths. You'll have just arrived from the "Broadway Station" Expo Line platform - simply walk to the "Commercial Drive" Millenium Line platform and hop on the next east-bound Millenium Line Skytrain. (There will be signs)

4 stops later, you'll be at Brentwood Station which is on Lougheed Highway. Get off the Skytrain and look for 4664 Lougheed. As others have said, it should be a short distance away.