Toronto Trip Report

Search

Toronto Trip Report

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toronto Trip Report

Just got back from Toronto, where it was AFRICA HOT but had a great time. Stayed at the Sheraton Centre, which is a great location. Had a Club Room, which was very big and also gave me access to their Club Lounge for breakfast and cocktail hour.

I've been to Toronto a number of times, so tried to do some new stuff. Went to West Queen West, which is the new "hip" neighborhood west of Queen Street West. A little raw, but some interesting shopping. Ate a great Fish and Chips place called Chippies.

Also went to the Beach(es) and it was fun. Walked the boardwalk, window shopped. Very laid back, but very yuppie. Lots of stores for dogs. Had lunch in the Distillery District, which is near the lake east of St. Lawrence Market. Monday was a lousy day to go, but some interesting art stores and nice restaurants. I took the streetcar both directions on Queen Street and it was a great way to see things.

Went to Chinatown, which I always love, and Kensington Market. Ate at Pangea, near Bloor and Bay. Amazing food and service.

My one tip is that I took the city bus from the airport to the subway. About a half-hour subway ride from end of line to hotel. It took about an hour--which is about the same as the hotel bus. I like mass transit (I know, I am a geek) and was travelling by myself. But it was very manageable.
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 10:32 PM

Mike

You get to the airport via TTC by
taking the subway to lawrence west station and catch the bus to the airport down dixon road.

It used to be the case that you were charged
to pay for the trip from the terminal
to the Indian Line since the bus was operating in the suburb of Malton and
then pay the regular TTC fare once you crossed into Toronto.
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 04:38 AM

AFRICA HOT?! I love that expression! These days we say that it's hot like the tropics. When it rained the other day, it felt just like the tropics to me. This summer has been unbelievable.

Old Jul 20th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Hogtown,

I actually took the TTC Airport Rocket Bus to Kipling Station. You pay once you get on the bus, but not at the Subway station. It was about a 15 minute bus ride from the airport to Kipling.
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 12:33 PM

Thanks Mike T. Glad you had a great time. Come back soon. Have you ever gone to the Island? We always love to take the ferry on hot nights to cool off and great place to take pictures of the skyline!!