Toronto Maps

Jul 26th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

Toronto Maps

Hello,
I am a new Fodrite. My wife and I are planning a trip to Toronto soon. I have been searching the net trying to locate a comprehensive map of Toronto which displays all of the various "neighborhoods" in one presentation so that we can determine the best itinerary for our visit once we arrive. I can find maps of the individual neighborhoods but not one map which includes all of them. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Jul 26th, 2006, 06:54 AM
BAK

Not me.

But when you do find one...

Themost interesting things for tourists, and the best hotels for tourists, are in a rectangle starting at lake Ontario at the bottom, with Jarvis Street as the east boundary and Spadina Avenue as the west boundary, and Davenport (which is just above Bloor Street) as the northern boundary.

there are places to go and things to see outside this box, but more good stuff, quite close together, inside the box. And for most "outside" things, public transportation works pretty well.

What happens when you zoom wide on MapQuest?

With Mapquest, start by typing 2 St. Clair West into the locatgion box. This should put you pretty much in the middle of the most interesting part of the city.

To include the north part of the city, type in 20 Eglinton Avenue East. There's not much of interest more than five blocks north of here, however, except one concert hall.

BAK
Jul 26th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

BAK

Thanks for the info. I will try your suggestion.
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:22 PM

I have a little magazine (and it's old). It was published by Where www.where.ca It has maps of all the neighbourhoods ex. Chinatown, downtown, midtown, Little Italy, King West, Greektown. It is called "official Toronto neighbourhood and District Maps" and it was free. Within the magazine is a page showing many of the neighbourhoods on one map. I think where is a Toronto magazine. I also have some good maps published by Toronto Tourism www.torontotourism.com
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:52 PM

David Dunkelman's book, "Toronto Neighbourhoods" has some excellent information and maps. You can access most of it on this website.
http://www.torontoneighbourhoods.net...h_toronto.html