Toronto Cheap Eats near Delta Chelsea

May 27th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Original Poster

Toronto Cheap Eats near Delta Chelsea

Looking for some good inexpensive places to dine, any cuisine ok, within walking distance of the Delta Chelsea Hotel (Gerrard & Yonge).

We'd prefer to spend no more than $12-15/meal, if possible. (I know the Eaton Centre's nearby but as you can imagine, we don't want to rely on it!)

Please provide as many suggestions as you can, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! (Also, can you recommend a nearby place to get dinner
after we arrive at the hotel around 7 pm? Take-out would be great, but sit-down is ok...) We'll be in town for 5 days.

Thanks! -ipako
May 30th, 2007, 05:45 AM
PLJ

Hi ipako,

For breakfast or lunch I often stop by the Sunset Grill (1 Richmond St. W. at Yonge - closed evenings) for their all-day breakfast. This is a clean, bright location. The food is good, reasonably priced and the service is pleasant.

I can also recommend Spring Rolls (40 Dundas St. W. on the north side between Yonge and Bay) for Thai food. www.springrolls.ca

I haven't tried it myself but I've heard good things about Salad King (335 Yonge St. - on the east side just north of Dundas) for Thai. www.saladking.com

Enjoy your stay!
May 30th, 2007, 03:38 PM

You can also try Pickle Barrel Grande in the Atrium, just south of the Delta Chelsea. There is an entrance from Yonge Steet on the West side, which will take you down the escalator to the main dining area below. It has a wide variety of menu items and is reasonable. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The other person's suggestion of Spring Rolls is located in the Atrium, on the main level. Also, Red Lobster is in the Atrium on the main floor enter from Bay Street side.

Swiss Chalet for chicken is around the corner from the hotel on Yonge Street.

There is a great little sushi restaurant, Ichiban Sushi on Edward Street just south of the hotel (almost beside the World's Biggest Bookstore. Reasonable too.

The Wolf & Firkin pub on Elm Street, across the street from the south entrance to the Delta is reliable and reasonable.

Korean Grill House is on Yonge Street directly across from Swiss Chalet. It is reasonable and you cook your own meat in the grill at your table.

You wlll be very close to Chinatown. The hotel concierge can point you in the right direction for the restaurants there.
May 31st, 2007, 10:16 AM

If you like Chinese Dumplings, Mother's Dumplings is a pleasant walk west of the Chelsea - delicious food (not much atmosphere though)

http://www.mothersdumplings.com/
Jun 11th, 2007, 04:27 PM

Sald King is hands down one of the tastiest restaurants in the whole city. If you like Thai, you will adore this place. (Panang is the best I have ever had) Must must must go here.