Reload this Page >

Time Zones in Maritimes

Search

Time Zones in Maritimes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Kim

Time Zones in Maritimes

I have searched the internet far and wide and can not find a site that tells me exactly where the time zone change will be. Can anyone help me...please... I will be leaving Ontario heading first to New Brunswick then to PEI then to Nova Scotia. What area does the time change in and is it just 1 hour ahead for all of those provinces..Thanks

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 04:49 PM
DS

Check out http://www.worldtimeserver.com/<BR><BR>-DS

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Melissa

We are in Atlantic, and we are 4 - gmt or one hour ahead of Quebec. The time zone changes at the Quebec Border. Also we are ahead of Maine.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Susan

Why is this important to you? I mean, the "exactly" part has me feeling really incompetent to answer your question! NB is one hour ahead of Ontario. The "exact" point....I do not know! (I am reaally curious as to why the exact time is critical so cld. you pls. let me know!)

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Kim

The exact point wasn't really important just a rough idea because we wanted to fit in a boat tour on our first day in and they only run till 7pm and just wanted to make sure we changed our clocks at the right place to not think "oh we have lots of time" when it is really 1 hour ahead. I also wasn't sure if the time changed again closer to the Cabot Trail...Thanks for the help everyone.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Melissa

The entire Maritimes are in Atlantic, including Cape Breton. Newfoundland is 1/2 hour ahead of us, maybe that was what you were thinking of

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 08:57 AM
huh

who deosnt know this...<BR>TROLL

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Kim

You know Huh you make it very welcoming for people to come in and ask questions. What part of my question makes me sound like a Troll. I knew there was a time change but I wasn't sure were the boundries where and like I said since we had a boat tour to do our first day in I wanted to make sure I was on the right time. To those of you on this site that have been so helpful I thank you very much, I leave for my trip in a few days and most of my information I received from all of you. Thank you very much. You have all been very patient with all my questions Thanks again.<BR>

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 04:23 PM
dan

In huh's defense you would have to be a very uneducated or ignorant Ontarian to not know that the time change is only one hour ahead of the eastern time zone for all maritime provinces and that the change occurs at the New Brunswick border.<BR>Its even shown on that dumb little insert time zone map that you get with every address book, day planner, and organizer that you buy or is given to you.<BR>

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Milly

Kim, you're nobody unless you've been lambasted by at least one self-rightous jerk on this forum. Pay them no mind.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Susan

Hi, Kim! Milly makes a lot of sense!<BR>So...are you ok w/ this now?<BR><BR>It is 11:46PM here in Ontario. In NS, NB & PEI it is 12:46 AM. Nfld. is 1/2 hr. ahead of NS, NB & PEI.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Jane

Isn't it shown on road maps too?