thinking& planning

Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

thinking& planning

bak & guys --what's the view on "skyservice airline" i know its a charter but is it any good?? 2. also want to know can we walk to st.lawrence market( sat morn) from town inn or do we need to take street-car/bus/sub-way? want to grab fruit and snacks for hotel as the little person demands b'fast at 8.00/8.30 and i dont want to head for b'fast at this hr!!! after i'm on vaction!!
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:37 PM

We've flown with skyservice to the Bahamas and I have no complaints with them. Service was great. My sister in law just recently flew with them to Florida and was much happier with them then Jetsgo.

St. Lawrence Market might be too much of a walk if you have a hungry little girl waiting for breakfast. You best bet would be to take the subway down to King Street and then walk back east 3 blocks.
St. Lawrence market is located at King and Jarvis.
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:49 PM
BAK

1/ Never flown Skyservice, although I did see a Skyservice airplane of the ground last week.

2/ Torontopm's given you good info on getting to St. Lawrence Market. There's a shorter way -- walk east to Sherbourne and take the bus south the Front Street, but the bus runs less frequently than the subway, so you're probably better off with the subway trip.

For snacks and stuff... You can also walk straight west on Charles Street, cross Yonge, go to Balmuto (one block) and into the Manulife Center office and apartment complex there. In the basement is a giant grocery store with fruits, vegetables, milk, and everything else, too.

Or, without going into the Manulife building, just look on the south side of Charles Street across from the Manulife building, and there's a grocery store there, too, but a bit smaller.

BAK
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:41 PM

This is from the Market Homepage (Everyone else gave good directions - just thought I would throw this in as well):

Getting to the Market

By TTC to the Market
Take the subway to either Union Station or King Street Station. From Union Station, turn right from the front entrance and walk east along Front Street for 3 blocks. From King Street subway station, the King streetcar runs along (surprise!) King Street and stops at the corner of Jarvis Street, in front of the St. Lawrence Hall.

Information about transit schedules is available at 416-393-4636.

By Car to the Market
From the Gardiner Expressway, take the York/Yonge/Bay or the Jarvis exit and proceed north to Front Street. There are more than 3,000 parking spots within a 4-minute walk from the Market. Parking locations are shown on the map below.

Park It at the Market!
North, south, east and west... the Market is surrounded by meters and parking lots. The average two-hour stay costs between $2 and $6. This link will take you to a map showing the parking lots in the vicinity of the Market Complex. Be warned: because of the dynamic nature of the St. Lawrence Neighbourhood, this information may be out of date by the time you arrive!
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:48 PM

Carlow1,
I just thought of something ... isn't Toronto a different time zone from where you are from. (I can't remember where you are from, sorry - but I remember it is far -or I could be confused again! haha!!)

Anyway, if time zone is an issue, you really need to make sure you have those snacks on hand as soon as possible. Your little one's tummy is going to be on her time.
Oct 4th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Original Poster

thanks all for this info--- we will arrive to hotel approx 7.00/7.30 pm fri nite so will the grocery store still be open at this time?? and yes wallace we are travelling from Ireland( TIME DIFF IS TORONTO IS 5 HRS BEHIND US) but wont go to bed til 11, i find this always works to help us adjust better---