Tea in Montreal

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Julie

Tea in Montreal

Is there anyplace to have a tea in Montreal?

Thank you

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:32 PM
kate

I would guess that there might be somewhere in Westmount. I will post the site I have for Montreal, maybe there is something there to help you.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:33 PM
kate

http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/B2C/00/default.asp?TitleBarItem=3

This is the Tourisme Montreal site, full of info about Everything!

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 08:47 AM
RnR

... but will that website provide names of warms fuzzy folks one may hold hands with while sipping the tea ... before a cracking fire, a plate of chocolates waiting to be eaten.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:01 AM
tony

If you are here in the warm weather, a definite tea mecca is "Le Jardin" at the Ritz Hotel on Sherbrooke St. Its is
served daily between about 14h30 and 17h30 in the open garden courtyard of the hotel, on a sheltered patio , complete with duckpond and dukclings...
The service is elaborate (silver and fine china) and includes a huge sepection of cakes, pastries , sandwiches etc and a choice of over 30 teas. Its not cheap - but then its not that expensive either - and a wonderful experience. In inclement weather tea is still served, indoors in their flagship dining room.

Most of the larger hotels have a tea service, as well as many "salon de the"
that you will find dotted around the city. Even the inescapable espresso coffee bars that are the trade-mark of the city serve a good variety of teas - but without the pomp. The Ritz "Jardin" is great.

+++

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 10:15 AM
RnR

... very interesting ... but now, what about a source for warm hands. What's tea without that ...!

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Helpful

Better phone the Ritz and check. The place has changed hands several times recently and many things (such as the martini/piano bar) have been eliminated.