Search

need a hotel in montreal

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need a hotel in montreal

hi,
i'll be in montreal around july 3rd for jazzfest and i was thinking of staying at the ritz but the comments were mixed. i want a 4 star. does anyone have suggestions? thx!
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 02:17 PM

I do most of my traveling for business (and do no business in canada) so i havent been to Montreal. But i do have to stay in a bunch of random places all the time (where people dont suggest hotels). Because of this I have started using Orbitz. I really think it is a great search tool for finding hotels. the descriptions they give, and the star ratings let you usually know what you are going to get. Sorry I know you were probably looking for exact hotel recomendations (or atleast an area in montreal, but i figured i would pass along my experiences)
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 02:48 PM

Hi Molly, Firstly welcome to montreal. All you have to do is scroll-there "has"
been so much posted that all you have to do is scroll or do a search on montreal-if that doesn't help then just post.
Thanks
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 03:17 PM

Molly-I topped a thread titled Montreal Hotels. That should get you started!
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 02:58 AM

Molly, the Ritz is fantastic and well located. The Garden restaurant with the duck pond (les Jardins du Ritz) is a good place to eat for a special meal. I would recommend having dinner in the Ritz area as opposed to the area close to jazzfest (too crowded)-
From the Ritz, you will only be a few subway stations away or short bus ride from the jazzfest. Le Germain hotel is between the ritz and the jazzfest area; well located but not as nice an area as the ritz.
My favorite dept. store: Ogilvy, corner of Ste Catherine. and de la Montagne st.-
Montreal is small and easy to get around to anything....

Old Jun 15th, 2003, 06:58 PM

Some downtown (old town) location are the Hotel Nelligan, Hotel St. James. and the St. Sulpice. These are in Old Montreal and are recently renovated (regentrified). They have complete amenities (such as air conditioning, which you may need). Last year was very hot (>90 F), like the rest of North America.
John Dykeman (from Montreal).
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 07:57 PM

I just booked airfare for this weekend in Montreal and now need a hotel. I went in December and got some amazing rates but see things are a lot more expensive now! I have looked through several threads recommending a bunch of hotels but I think these might be more expensive than I want (trying to keep it under $100). There were 3 hotels that fit that category which nobody had mentioned. Do any of you know any of these?
Hotel du Fort
La Tour Centre Ville
Hotel Quartier Latin Montreal.

Thanks!