Stuff for kids in Vancouver?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi fellow fodorites, can you give me some ideas as to kids activities in Vancouver? We will be staying downtown and will probably rent a car. I remembered someone telling me that a Vancouver aquarium exsisted, does it? Any info you can input would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 03:36 PM

I'd say that the Vancouver Aquarium (www.vanaqua.org) is one of the best aquarium's you'll ever visit in North America... I'd highly recommend a visit there!

Vancouver has a lot of kid-friendly activities. There's a local family that created a website highlighting these activities... it's called Find Family Fun - www.findfamilyfun.com - focusing on dozens of kids activities in Vancouver.
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 03:55 PM

Hi Ohanaman,

We live in the interior of BC and travel to Vancouver with our kids usually once a year. Carmanah has already directed you to a site that will probably have a big list, so I won't bother repeating all of them.
A word on the aquarium...it is very good (not as cool as SeaWorld IMO), however, it is crazy busy in the summer. I imagine with most attractions the crowds will be a little lighter on the weekdays. Our kids have enjoyed several trips to Playland,Science World and just cruising around Stanley Park. The Metrotown Mall also has lots to do and great shopping and easily accessible by Skytrain (an attraction in itself if your kids have never been on one). Oh yeah....our kids really loved exploring the beach at Spanish Banks!! We try and do something different each time we visit Vancouver. There is so much to do there as a family. A beautiful city.
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 02:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks guys, that is just the kind of stuff I was looking for!
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 02:11 PM

We were in Vancouver for a couple days this past March, and while we didn't have enough time to make it to the aquarium, my daughter loved Science World.

It was a lot of fun, with lots of hands-on stuff for the kids to do, as well as shows/demonstrations at set times. We didn't have enough time to fully take advantage of everything - we were there for at least 4 hours and I felt like we could have easily spent the entire day there.

There is also an IMAX theater with about 4 or 5 different movies showing.