Search

Stratford

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2003, 06:54 PM
mkd
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stratford

We are finally moving beyond many years of a NOTL theater mini vacation to Stratford for a mini vaca. Looking at Sallysplace for the couple of bdrm suites we like to use to set us up for a multi-day stay, any comments, good or bad. Any recommendations. Haven't laid eyes on the town, so I am open to comments.
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 04:09 PM
BAK

Can't comment on the accommodations, but I can comment ont he town.<BR><BR>A few years ago I shot the picturtes for a book of architectural tours in ten towns, including Stratford. i was there half a dozen times shooting the pictures, and ifyou are interested in residential and commercial historical architecture, it's a good place to visit. On my trips, I ate well, and generally enjoyed myself, unless i was grousing about the weather and the light.<BR><BR>From Stratford it's easy to visit London and (another town in the book) St. Marys.<BR><BR>Worth a couple of days, I'd say, if there are plays you want to see.<BR><BR>BAK
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 08:50 PM

I have the book from the Stratford Festival and lots of B&amp;B's are listed. I am probably going for a week this summer and would appreciate a personal recommendation.<BR><BR>Thanks.
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 07:09 AM

A few years ago, while in Stratford, we looked at many B&amp;Bs. We chose &quot;The Old Rectory,&quot; Lovely accomodations and hosts. Also, within walking distance of everything.
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 02:39 PM

Thanks so much for the personal reference. I will follow up on it.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:04 PM

I did look at The Old Rectory and it looked great. It was a quite a bit more than I had in mind spending, so I chose another.<BR><BR>I will now have to pick from all the plays. I wish I could see ALL of them! Decisions, decisions. . . .
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 07:49 AM

I just booked a weekend getaway at the Mercer Hall Inn. It looks FABULOUS..the rate was excellent. Last I checked there was 1 room left!!<BR><BR>http://www.mercerhallinn.com/retreat.html