Help with honeymoon suggestions!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone - my fiancee and I are planning to honeymoon in Montreal and Quebec City in a mere 25 days (Yipes)! I've been perusing past posts and suggestions, which has been incredibly helpful - but I have some specific questions that I was hoping for your opinions on (for both Montreal and QC please!):<BR><BR>1) my fiancee is an ice cream fanatic - who has the best ice cream?<BR><BR>2) Any suggestions for good tapas?<BR><BR>3) the best Mexican? <BR><BR>4) We're thinking about taking an evening/daytime cruise - any suggestions for good ones? Are the dinner cruises good? Worth our time or money?<BR><BR>5) What places would you recommend for the sugar shacks?<BR><BR>6) How does one find out if Cirque de Soleil is on while we're in town?<BR><BR>7) who makes the best crepes?<BR><BR>That's it for now - I'm sure I'll come up with more - thanks so much in advance - we really want this to be a honeymoon not to forget!<BR><BR>Jori
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:56 AM

I can answer a few - For tapas: Casa Tapas on Rue Rachael is the real deal, in a Spanish neighborhood (Montreal).<BR>Montreal and Quebec City both have some good creperies. There is a very good one on St. Denis in Montreal, near Prince Arthur (can't remember the name). I had a great one from a sidewalk vendor at Atwater market in Montreal. There is a good Mexican place in Montreal on St. Denis near Sherbrooke, again I can't remember the name.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:20 AM
nkh

Not sure how long your honeymoon is, but here is the info for Cirque du Soleil. <BR><BR>The only listed Montreal (or Quebec City) show is Dralion which will be in Montreal May 15 - June 15. Number to call for tickets is 1-800-361-4595<BR><BR>Before that they are in Baltimore (also Dralion) (April 11-May 4) - just thought I would mention it in case you would be in that vicinity! call 514-790-1245 for tickets.<BR><BR>Congratulations and have a wonderful time!
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:28 PM

In Montreal for ice cream: Bilboquet on Bernard St. in Outremont(http://english.montrealplus.ca/profile/490470/) - small but so good; and for gelati (italian style): Cr&egrave;merie Roberto (2221, Belanger Est), in small Italy I believe (neither are in the touristy areas)<BR><BR>Sugar Shack: the maples will probably be done their production at the end of April, but I've heard many good things about la Sucrerie de la montagne (40 mns from downtown Mtl though) and it is open year-round: http://www.sucreriedelamontagne.com/. Now maybe that in Quebec city the season will last longer because it is colder there (http://www.quebecplus.ca/feature/503/sucres.html). If you click on &quot;Se sucrer le bec en ville&quot; you will find places right in Quebec city where you can have a taste of the sugar shack without having to go out of town, esp. if you don't have a car.<BR><BR>Zootsi is it Triskell you are thinking of? Good crepes breton style if this is what you are looking for: http://www.montrealplus.ca/infosite/40076//<BR><BR>All the best to you and have a good time in Quebec!
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:52 PM

Hi Jori,<BR><BR> Do you know where to stay in montreal? Another tip for ice cream is the recently opened Leonardi Da Vinci Italian community centre just opened-I was there for lunch one day &amp; their ice cream or gelati was great.<BR>For crepes-definitely Le Triskell on St. Denis-I bring everyone there.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:54 PM

Oops-a typo &quot;Leonardo&quot; excuse me
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much everyone! This is so helpful! We do already have hotel reservations - although I don't know where (my fiancee arranged this and wants it to be a surprise).
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 08:42 AM

Yes it is Le Triskell, I remember the building. Nothing fancy, just great food! Also, I beleieve it's not too far from Sq. St. Louis, not Prince Arthur, which is on the other side of the park!