Sludick - A new Winery

Search

Sludick - A new Winery

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sludick - A new Winery

Just thought you might like to know that there is a new winery just opened. If you are traveling north from Oliver and take the turn for Wild Goose etc you will come to the driveway for "Noble Ridge" I haven't been up there yet - saw it when I was driving by. I checked their website and they have some good sounding wines. By the way you will be here for peak season CHERRIES.
We will be heading to our Victoria home soon so I will have to save my Noble Ridge visit until the fall.

Have a wonderful trip!!!
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 02:20 PM

Thank You!! For both the new winery and the cherry news.

Was wondering if cherries would be in, so this is pretty exciting news (doesn't take much, does it?).

Will make sure to stop at Noble Ridge and give you a report.

Be safe on your trip back to Victoria. .. as a matter of curiosity, what route are you taking? We're going to Vancouver for a night after leaving Oliver/Osoyoos, and we were considering Highway 3, rather than the Coquihalla this time.
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Hello again. I know what you mean - I am drooling over watching the cherries ripen. Must be getting old when that is the highlight of my life!!!!

I assume you are driving up through Oroville and Osoyoos on your way here.
We always take Highway 3 (Hope Princeton)to Vancouver. It is much shorter from here and certainly a lot prettier. You can drive down to Osoyoos and catch Hwy 3 there (which we do) or you can go up 97 on the way to Penticton and there is a junction there to take you to Hwy 3.
You will certainly enjoy the Hope Princeton Hwy. It is so pretty. You follow the river to Princeton and then over the pass traveling through Manning Park. Enjoy the drive and don't forget that winery report!!!!
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Don't worry, I won't. I see they have an award-winning 2003 Meritage...hmmm...

We have reservations at the Liliget Feast House in Vancouver... DH had wanted to go to Joe Fortes Chop House, though. Have you ever been to Liliget?
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Original Poster

Sorry I didn't reply to your post sooner. No - I haven't been to Liliget. I have heard mixed reviews but mainly good ones. I still love to go to Salmon House in West Van. I love their smoked barbecued oysters and alder smoked salmon. I have been to lots of great seafood restaurants in Vancouver but I am from the North Shore so I love to go back there for old time sake.

We will just about pass one another on the highway. We are heading out of here on Wednesday the 28th - of course with a car filled with cherries.

Enjoy your time here and the reunion.
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 04:33 AM

I love the Salmon House as well. And what a view it has. I only wish we were there long enough to eat at all three spots.