Shower Facilities at Vancouver Airport

Aug 29th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Shower Facilities at Vancouver Airport

My friend and I are arriving Vancouver for a quick tour of The Rockies/Alaska area over the next two and a half weeks. Upon our return to Vancouver we have quite a lengthy time at the airport and wondered would any Fodor reader know if there were public shower facilities available for traveller use and location of same. We are departing from Main-Central terminal & are not members of an airline club but would be prepared to pay to use any airline facility. We have a long journey back to Australia. With thanks.
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:22 PM

Air Canada business class lounge has showers as I recall...flew business class to Sydney twice.

What I would do when I was touring on my bicycle would be to check into a municipal sports plex or a YMCA to use their showers. Perhaps other Fodorites can suggest a location.
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:32 PM

Go to yvr.ca and check out the facilities there.
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:51 AM

One option might be to book some type of spa service at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport -- this could take up some of your time and give you a shower at the end of your service in their facilities. The hotel is located at the end of the airport concourse past the US and International departure areas. The website is http://www.fairmont.com/
Aug 31st, 2005, 11:35 AM

I see hydra has already suggested the Fairmont. I would like to ditto that. It is a first class hotel, excellent restaurant and it would be worth it to check out their day rates for a room to shower and perhaps nap.