Sept/Oct whale watching??

Jul 29th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Tim Tilt

Sept/Oct whale watching??

We are holidaying in Nova Scotia and maybe surrounding areas by motorhome from mid September to early October.Does anyone know if whale watching still takes place at this time of year?
Many thanks,Tim Tilt

Jul 30th, 2002, 04:16 AM
TAnya

Not sure if the whales are in abundance that time of year. Usually August is good month. Check with www.marinercruises.ns.ca to see what they are spotting that time of year or www.municipalities.com/briwsc

Jul 30th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Tim Tilt

Tanya,thanks once again for the info and web site of mariner cruises.I have checked their site and YES they whale watch till October and if we do not see any first time out I am certain that we can swing back round that way again sometime in our holiday.I now have one very happy wife-who is nuts on whales.
I am very grateful to you

Jul 31st, 2002, 03:45 AM
Tanya

The area I gave you for whale watching is in the Brier Island/Digby Neck part of the Province. You can also take whale watching cruises out of Halifax and Cape Breton (Cheticamp/Pleasant Bay area).

Jul 31st, 2002, 05:02 AM
Tim Tilt

Tanya,do any of the Halifax or Cape Bretton cruises have web sites I can check availability the same as marinercruises that you posted for me?
Also do you know if they go farther out to see maybe humpbacks or others?
Tim

Jul 31st, 2002, 05:17 AM
Tanya

I just check with Murphy's on the Water in Halifax. They actually spotted 4 different types of whales this morning including humpbacks, dolphins, etc. The tour is $26.95 plus tax for aduults. He said the best time for whales is actually the timeframe you will be here because the water is warmer. Their website is www.murphysonthewater.com

In Cape Breton check out websites for
Pleasant Bay - Wesley's Whale Watching at www.cabottrail.com/whalewatching. THere is also a whale interpretation centre there www.whaleslife.com

Hope this helps.

Jul 31st, 2002, 08:16 AM
Tim Tilt

Tanya, my thanks yet again I have just checked out Wesleys whale watching at Pleasant Bay and their "hit"record is pretty impressive I must say also it seems from reading the info on their site that they are still going out up till mid October.You may have guessed that we are starting to get very excited about visiting the provinces(it can not come soon enough)
Many thanks for your help it has been a godsend as far as whales go.
Tim