Conversion rates?

Jul 30th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Michele

Conversion rates?

Is there a web sight where I might be able to find out what the conversion rate was on a certain day last month? I am trying to figure out whether the hotel charged me the rate for the queen size bed I booked or the rate for the two doubles that I ended up with. I even gave the 800# my mastercard number to hold the room and told them that we would be a late arrival but they gave it away anyhow! Thanks for the help.

Jul 30th, 2002, 12:33 PM
gary

Doesn't your statement read something like '$100CAD @ .65 = $65? That's what all my credit card statements read when I chargfe foreign currency. In any event twin doubles are usually the same rate as Queens in a hotel.

Jul 30th, 2002, 12:48 PM
ron

Gary's right on both counts, but if you still want the exchange rates, go to:
http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/en/exchform.htm

Can't get more authoritative than the Bank of Canada!

Jul 30th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Bob Brown

Michele's statements might not show the exchange rates.
My bank statement did not show the exchange rate for ATM withdrawals and my Visa statement did not show the exchange rate at which Canadian dollar charges were converted. All I have in both cases is the amount in US dollars subtracted from my account. I did not even get the Canadian dollars. Had I not kept all of my receipts and charge slips, I would have no clue.

Jul 30th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Leslie

You can get an idea by going to www.oanda.com and plugging in the date of your transaction.

Jul 31st, 2002, 09:36 AM
Michele

Thanks to all of you. Incidentally, the manager of the hotel told me that the double rate and queen rate were the same but the 800# quotes different prices for those rooms. Am curious to see what room I WAS charged for. My mastercard does not tell me the Canadian and US charges.