Romantic restaurant in Toronto

Nov 7th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Original Poster
Romantic restaurant in Toronto

I need a suggestion for a romantic restaurant in Toronto for our anniversary in December. It falls on a Sunday this year and that's the only day we can do it as Saturday is booked up for us.

Our usual "fancy eatin' place" for such occasions is Scarmouche Pasta Bar & Grill but it's not open on Sunday. Nor is Los Calibros which was my next choice. I also would have liked to try Cluny in the Distillery District but while it's open on Sunday, it doesn't take reservations during the Christmas Market. I'm afraid I've fallen out of touch with what else might be new and good.

We live mid-town and would like to stay central/downtown. Price-wise, think Scaramouche Pasta Bar (mains $25 to $30), not the other Scaramouche.(mains $45 to $55). Our only limitation is that my SO can't have most Asian or Indian dishes as they're too salty. A good, well-rounded menu with meat, fish, pasta, etc., would be perfect.

Got any current favourites?
Nov 26th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Check a source such as Toronto Life, the long-established city magazine, or similar resources on line. They should at least show what will be open. Sorry, not a very romantic reply.
Nov 26th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Original Poster
Thanks, southam, but it's all taken care of (see other thread). We're having brunch at Cafe Boulud and then doing some posh Yorkville Christmas shopping.

Search this Thread