Reload this Page >

restaurants near Toronto arirport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Karen

Hi we will be flying out of Pearson Oct 19th and we will be in Toronto the night before. Any suggestions for nice restaurant, maybe a local favourite. We are staying at the Sheraton right at terminal 3 but thought we might like to go away from the hotel. Thanks Karen

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Gil

There's a cluster of pretty good restaurants about 5-10 mins. east of the airport on Dixon Rd. just before hwy. 27. Among your choices (and personal faourites) are Tucker's Marketplace (buffet) and Le Biftheque (steakhouse). There are more restaurants in the area plus a movie theatre (dinner and a movie?) all within walking distance of one another.<BR><BR>To get there, see if the Delta or the Carlton Place hotels have free shuttles. Delta is across the street and Carlton is just behind the restaurants. Public transit will cost C$2.25 and leaves from terminal 2 (58 MALTON to Lawrence West Stn.) A cab will also do if there are a lot of you.<BR><BR>Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Jan

Not either of the two suggestions above! If there is a Keg steakhouse nearby - ask the hotel - go for that. It is a chain, but they do make a very good steak with all the trimmings.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 03:27 AM
bert

Karen; There are multi-choices for chain restaurants near the airport on Dixon Rd., but the wait that you may have to endure on a weekend won't be worth it, in my opinion. Our recent experience was at Milestones (formerly Grisanti's) as there was a minimum 45 min. wait at the others mentioned, as well as the Outback. I can't recommend any of the local spots for a relaxing dinner. They all have a fast food flavour -- quick turnover, transient clientele -- doesn't make for great service or ambience. <BR><BR>Personally I think you'll have a better meal, service and atmosphere right at the Sheraton -- spend the cab fare on a nice bottle of wine or coffee & liquers and save yourselves the aggravation.<BR><BR>That said, should you have a car and want to venture a little further afield, I highly recommend Peter's -- south of the airport on Eglinton. Not hard to find and the hotel should be able to give you directions. Great food with a Greek flair -- go hungry!<BR>Peter's on Eglinton <BR>1035 Eglinton Ave. E., <BR>(905) 624-1995<BR>

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Karen

Thanks for the ideas. We will have a car so we good venture a little way. We are not strangers to Toronto but do not know the airport area that well as far as good restaurants. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, think that steak, or Italian restaurant suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Karen

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 02:58 PM
murray

None of my business, but why would you bother with a car when you are staying right at the airport? Why bother paying the high parking fees and the bother of having to pick up and return the vehicle? (I am assuming that you are renting a car).

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Susan

Murray, they are prob. driving from home to the Sheraton, overnighting, flying out next morning & leaving their car @ the Sheraton to be picked up when they fly back to To.<BR><BR>Karen, I do not have any restaurant suggestions b/c when we stay @ Sheraton Terminal 3 the night b/f our flight we always do what Bert suggested above!

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 04:38 PM
Karen

Right you are Susan. Our flight leaves at 6am so we are overnighting it at the Sheraton. Because we would have our car thought it might be nice to go to some local restaurant. We often have gone to Pat and Marios but thought it would be nice to go somewhere else. Thanks Karen

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Susan

Hi, Karen! Me again. Ok, so you are thinking about downtown To...Pat & Marios @ Church & Front. Let's see...how about heading north of Front to Queen St. West. (East of Spadina & West of York St/University Ave.) One of my favorite places for over 20 years has been Le Select Bistro on Queen St. West. You will need a res for weekend. Or, how about something along Harborfront like....The Pearl ( used to be called Pink Pearl) located @ Queens Quay Terminal. Both very diffrent from each other & totally differnet from Pat & Marios!

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 02:28 AM
murray

Susan,<BR>I'm sure that the Pat & Mario's Karen is making reference to is the one near Pearson International Airport. Its either in the Quality Suites or Travelodge hotel. The both have Italian restaurant of this type and I forget which is which. <BR>For a better than average restaurant experience try Zachary's at the nearby Bristol Palace Hotel.<BR>

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Susan

Ooops! Thx., Murray! I did not know there was a Pat & Mario's near PIA!<BR><BR>I agree: Zacharys @ Wyndham Bristol Place Hotel is great! We often go there on our way home after our return flight.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Brian Kilgore

For what it's worth, Pat and Mario's at Church and Front closed years ago, to be replaced by the Hot House Cafe, which is even better.<BR><BR>But not good enough to justify a drive from the airport.<BR><BR>Closer to the airport, and worth the drive, is Rocco's Plum Tomato, on Islington Avenue, south of Bloor Street and north of the Queensway. Large quantities of good Italian food at reasonable prices, with free parking. What more could anyone want?<BR><BR>But if it was me, and I did not want to spend a lot of fancy food from a great chef but instead wanted tasty food in a causual atmpsphere, I'd follow earlier advice and go to Carlson Court, (wihch is more or less across the street from the Delta Hotel, parallel to Dixon Road, a few blocks east of the Sheraton, and go to eith Tucker's or Le Bifteque (mentioned earlier) or Tony Roma's, for spareribs and deep fried onions.<BR><BR>The controlling factor might be the flyer's destination; the last real Canadian food before a visit to some small portion or spicy or stew-based or whatever-cuisine country. If I was heading for Europe, I'd skip Rocco's, for instance, and wait for real Italian.<BR><BR>BAK<BR><BR><BR><BR>