Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Restaurants near Sheraton Centre Toronto.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just booked the Sheraton Queen St. W. on priceline (yay!) for a wedding I'm going to in November.

The wedding and cocktail reception are nearby at St. Patrick's Church and the George Brown house.

Does anyone know of a casual place to grab a bite and a beer or two after the reception? 2 of my fave places are 7 west and Hothouse Cafe but I was hoping there might be something closer to our neighbourhood.

The Sheraton has a nice bistro place but something even more casual would suit us fine.

Thanks!
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 04:41 AM

Queen West has a number of restaurants. I like the Queen Mother. It's a few blocks west of the Sheraton.
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 01:00 PM

Everything in the Queen st W and King St. area is pretty casual... I would head to either and just walk into anything that looks interesting...

P.S. I also like the Queen Mum, especially in the summer on the Patio!!!!
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! I checked out the menu online for the Queen..it looks great. We'll just have to be careful because we have someone with a severe soy allergy.
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 06:13 PM

With a severe soy allergy, I would stay away from the Mum... who knows what would happen and it could spoil your fun... there's a few soy choices on the menu, but you never know what's in the kitchen... I would head to King st. theatre row and peruse the late night menu's... lots to choose from... have fun!!!
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

You know what gary, that's a good point. I'm not used to dealing with allergies, and I never thought about the kitchen itself--just items on the menu.

I think we'll check out King instead. All the times I've been in TO, I've never eaten on theatre row!

Thx!
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 06:49 AM

Also, in the Eaton Centre there's Baton Rouge and in the Atrium there's the Pickle Barrel. You can get a drink and a bite either place.
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 07:04 AM

In the Eaton Centre, I prefer City Grill to Baton Rouge - much better food, in my opinion.
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 07:10 AM

oh ya -- I forgot about the City Grill. I haven't been there for a long time. I just had dinner at BR though and it was fine. It may be more of a meal than lucy wants (as opposed to 'a bite').

There's also a pub on the outside of the Eaton Centre (on that street next to old city hall) and at Yonge and Gerrard, there's another pub but I just can't remember the name right now.
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM

I think Susan should treat us all to the City Grill... what do you think lucy and goddess???!!!
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

I just checked City Grill website and it looks perfect - reasonable too. Unfortunately, it closes at 9pm--too early for us.

But I think I will have lunch there. Gary I like your suggestion. Let's all meet and Susan can buy
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 11:00 AM
BAK

You could go to Ireland.

Walk east to Yonge Street, and, assuming you are on Queen Street, (the Sheraton's sort-of front door) walk four or five blocks south to the Irish Embassy at Wellington and Yonge.

Or cross Queen Street from the hotel, and walk a coukple of blocks west to The Rex, a beer parlour with jazz. Chances are it doesn't have any of this health food stuff that would poison your companion.

BAK
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 07:23 PM

Hahaha
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 11:57 AM

If you want something thats opened past 9.00pm and on Queen Street, you could try Ultra Supper Club on Queen near Spadina. The club itself is rather cool and hip and serves more than just 'a bite' but the roof-top patio lounge which has an intriguing view of the city may serve lighter stuff.

Or if you head south on Yonge Street to BAK's suggestion of 'The Irish Embassy' at Yonge and Wellington, theres also the Marche restaurant which is open late and serves various hot and cold food, wine and beer. An interesting sort of place too.