Restaurants in Niagara Falls ?

Mar 18th, 2003, 07:59 AM
JMM
Original Poster

Restaurants in Niagara Falls ?

Going to the Falls for a quick trip trip this weekend to show a friend who has never been the Butterfly Conservatory. I would love some restaurant suggestions (Canadian side only please) for Niagara Falls, Queenston heights and Niagara-on-the-Lake. Dinner and Sunday brunch are the 2 meals we will be eating there. Nothing too fussy - we don't want to dress up.
Thanks a lot
Mar 18th, 2003, 09:26 AM

Here's the web site for Niagara-on-the-Lake Chamber of Commerce. Click on dining. There are many restaurants to chose from and many have links to their particular restaurant.

I am going in June for an anniversary weekend and staying at NOTL. I would be interested in what you choose and your critique.

Thanks.
Mar 18th, 2003, 05:01 PM

For JMM: Go to www.niagaraparks.com and check out the Queenston Heights Restaurant. Not far from Butterfly Conservatory. Any of the Parks Commission restaurants would be an excellent choice. There are magnificent views of the falls from Victoria Park and Table Rock (we like the food better at Victoria Park, but Table Rock is just fine). Early bird menus are a steal. Good food, adequate portions.

For Budman: Our favorite "romantic" restaurants in the area are: Inn on the Twenty (well worth the drive, especially for a special anniversary, they have a website); the main dining room at Queens Landing (www.vintageinns.com), with superb cuisine and a positively gorgeous dining room, along with formal but friendly service (the cocktail lounge next door is wonderful for after dinner drinks/coffee), and the Blue Mermaid in downtown St. Catharine (an old-fashioned, really intimate and romantic sort of place with a terrific piano bar downstairs for afterward). We celebrated our anniversary last September by visiting all three...
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:47 AM
JMM
Original Poster

Thx for info.
Mar 19th, 2003, 08:00 AM

there is a place called Mama Mia I beleive right in NF (Can) It is great. Real homemade Italian food - casual reasonable yet delicious - Enjoy! There soups are to die for....
Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:35 AM
JMM
Original Poster

Just got back from Niagara Falls:
Had dinner Sat night a Mama Mia's - good Italian home cooking in a friendly environment.
Sunday Brunch - Queenston Heights Restaurant - Excellent - gorgeous view, wonderful service, good coffee (hard to get at most buffets), buffet was excellent (2 roasts - beef and ham,omlet station, various other things including smoked salmon, lovely FRESH salad fixings, delicious fruit (fresh and in good condition) and yummy desserts (the pecan pie and cheesecake were great). I HIGHLY recommend this place but if you can make reservations, we did not and it was a good thing that we were there PROMPTLY at 11:00AM when it opened. They had a large reserved party coming in at 12:30 - so we had to promise to be done by then. No problem but if we had arrived later we would have been out of luck. Thx djkbrooks for recommending this place - it really is special.