Restaurants in Halifax

Old May 24th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Jan

Restaurants in Halifax

Any recommendations for restaurants not to miss in Halifax? We will be visiting at the end of June, oh and BTW we love seafood.

Old May 24th, 2002, 08:19 AM
wendy

All the really great Halifax Restaurants are on the waterfront:<BR><BR>Five Fisherman<BR>Upper Deck<BR>Murphys on the Water<BR><BR>Great Seafood at all of these.<BR><BR>Hope this helps!

Old May 24th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Tanya

Opa on Argyle St. (greek food)<BR>Da Maurizio on Water St. (italian)<BR>Bish World Cuisine (directly on the waterfront in Bishops Landing<BR><BR>and one can't come to Halifax without having fresh french fries from Bud the Spud (chip wagon on Spring Garden Road in front of the library)

Old May 24th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Louis

And of course, not the forget the grand daddy of them all: Salty's, right on the waterfront.

Old May 24th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Tim

I would recommend all those previously mentioned, although I haven't tried Opa.<BR><BR>In addition, I would recommend La Cave on Blowers St. Its only open for dinners, but even if you hit another restaurant for dinner, at least go here for dessert - their cheesecakes are divine, and they have a decent wine list as well. Ryan Duffy's on Spring Garden is good for steaks, and they have an excellent brunch.<BR><BR>Enjoy Halifax.

Old May 24th, 2002, 11:58 AM
LJ

If you want a really genuine Mom and Pop type seafood meal, slip around the harbour to Bedford and try The Esquire. Its righ on The Bedford Highway, not 5 minutes from downtown, but a quarter of a century of difference in time.<BR>If you get sick of seafood (OK, OK, its seems impossible to me too!) try Il Mercato on Spring Garden Road or Pastaman (sorry no address)but my daughter, a student in Halifax swears by it for fresh home-made pasta.