Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page > Restaurant suggestions for Montreal and Quebec City
Notices

Restaurant suggestions for Montreal and Quebec City

Aug 31st, 2016, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Restaurant suggestions for Montreal and Quebec City

My wife and I are traveling to Montreal and Quebec City in a couple of weeks and we are looking for restaurant suggestions. The usual casual for lunch/brunch and nice for dinner. Budget not is not an issue; just looking for good food and good memories. Any help would be appreciated.
Aug 31st, 2016, 07:12 PM

Here's a bit out of my 2011 Quebec City trip report:

"we went to Cloche Pencher for lunch on Saturday and we loved it so much that we wanted to go back for dinner on Sunday but it was closed. We were so disappointed! That lunch was the best meal in a weekend of great food. We both had the same thing -- scrambled egg roulade, smoked salmon, cucumber salad, and a bagel. It came with a fruit, yogurt and maple jam parfait which you could have as a before or an after and we both chose to save it for dessert. Lunch also came with strawberry/basil jam -- an unusual but delicious combination. It was such a charming place too; so French!"

The whole trip report is here:
http://www.fodors.com/community/cana...uebec-city.cfm
Sep 1st, 2016, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. Looked at their website.
I think we will try it. Thanks.
Sep 3rd, 2016, 05:09 PM

The Continental in Quebec City is a nice dinner restaurant which has tableside cooking for some of the menu. My daughter and I had everything cooked tableside. Caesar salad, Duck ala orange, and cherries jubilee. People near us said they enjoyed watching our dinner be prepared! The dinner was excellent. They have other meals cooked tableside. I recommend it as a nice night out.

Bello is an Italian restaurant with excellent food also in Quebec City. Food is reasonably priced and very good. We ate dinner here.

Found Panache to have a nice atmosphere, but I was disappointed in my meal. My husband liked his. I would check the menu prior. My meal was simply filet mignon and was not happy with the cut of meat. My husband had a veterinarian meal which he loved. So, maybe my steak was just a lousy cut. It is pricey and nice. So, maybe I just was unlucky.
Sep 3rd, 2016, 05:13 PM

Ironman, if you click on my name, I have two trip reports in the last two years on Quebec. First trip was with my husband and was just to QC and second trip was with my daughter which went to both QC and Montreal. Both were in 2014/2015.

Search this Thread