Reload this Page >

Restaurant help...

Search

Restaurant help...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 03:43 PM
J

Restaurant help...

Looking for a a hip and trendy but not a chain or cheezy restaurant in Montreal. Really looking for some good Asian or creative cuisine. This is our first time to Montreal and we love to eat! <BR>Also any ideas about the Auberge du Vieux-Port? Just looking online and it looks nice. Any feedback would be great!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:43 PM
Anna

Chu Chai(?) is an excellent slick but inexpensive vegetarian Thai restaurant in a trendy neighborhood i believe is called Plateau Mont Royal (I'm just a vistor--MOntreal Natives, please excuse me if I've mislabeled the area)--great area with lots of great looking stylish restaurants and stores all up and down the avenue (St. Laurent??--again forgive me if I'm wrong about the street name, I know someone here will correct me).<BR>Zen in the Omni hotel is a beautiful elegant looking Chinese/Asian restaurant. Alas, though I stayed in the hotel, I did not have a chance to eat there though I know it has an excellent reputation

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:53 PM
c

We stayed at the Omni and ate in Zen.It was amazing! First of all, it is a beautiful restaurant and the service is very good.The way they do things is unusual-it is a sort of eat all you want kind of menu, but first class! Go in and have a drink and check out the menu,it was wonderful and I ate too much Also we ate at Toque on rue St Denis-great! The Bonaparte in the Auberge Bonaparte, very cozy,good service,good food..nice hotel too!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 07:20 PM
Daniel Williams

Hey J<BR><BR>Chu Chai as Anna mentioned (on Saint Denis) is great...on Mont-Royal Ave. E., there's a great sushi place called Wakomono...<BR>reasonably-priced and delicious. In the McGill University area, I was always a fan of Optimum, which bills itself as a Vietnamese restaurant for the health-conscious (metro McGill, just south of Sherbrooke St. on either Union or Aylmer). Great lunch deals. If you happen to be in the Crescent St./Concordia University area, Soupe et Nouilles is a steal of a deal on Ste. Catherine St.; in the Faubourg shopping complex on Ste. Catherine right near Guy/Concordia metro, Hot & Spicy is quite popular; I was not a regular but enjoyed the one meal I did have there. Bato Thai is another reasonably-priced real treat in the Gay Village (metro Beaudry) with waiters and waitresses dressed in traditional Thai dress.<BR>All this talk of great food is making me wish I were in Montreal NOW!<BR><BR>Enjoy whatever you decide. DAN<BR><BR>

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:44 AM
J

thanks-still looking through books and the internet but all this info helps a bunch!<BR>Thanks,<BR>J

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 12:30 PM
tutu

We also ate at Toque in Rue St. Denis last summer and it was fabulous food with great service.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Debbie

Auberge du Vieux-Port is a great place. Service was excellent and their restaurant is great too.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Olivier

Here is a little insider information for great dining while in Montreal.<BR>Of course, in Montreal like anywhere else, you should always call for reservations.<BR><BR>(japanese)<BR>Isakaya, 3469 avenue du Parc, <BR>Montr&eacute;al (Qc)<BR>(514)845-8226<BR><BR>Le Club des Pins <BR>156, avenue Laurier ouest <BR>Montr&eacute;al <BR>(514) 272-9484<BR><BR>La Bastide<BR>151 av. Bernard Ouest<BR>Montr&eacute;al (Qc)<BR>(514) 271-4934<BR><BR>For more information about montreal, go visit travel.bonjourquebec.com<BR><BR>