Question about travelling to canada

Old Mar 6th, 2021, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about travelling to canada

Hello,

I am from Germany and I'd like to travel to Canada in march/april. Though there are some questions where I could need help. Actually, I was thinking about going to Toronto for 7 days. But after reading so many things about Canada I am not quite sure anymore.

Now I am thinking about travelling to Toronto, Quebec City or Montreal, or all 3 together. I heard Quebec, especially vieux-quebec, is very charming because of its "european style". But otherwise after 1-2 days sightseeing, you have explored everything. A Canadian friend told me he had found Montreal very admirable because it is a big pulsing metropolis. Toronto was my first choice because of its northern american style. And because it's a big English speaking city.

Otherwise, why not visiting all 3 citys? Starting in Montreal, staying there for 3-4 days, afterwards going by train to Quebec city, staying there for 1-2 days, and eventually going by airplane to Toronto and staying there as well 3-4 days. What do you think about this idea?

Thank you for your help.
Old Mar 6th, 2021, 10:01 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
If you mean THIS March/April the you cannot visit Canada for any sort of non-essential reason. And even if it was a vital/essential reason you'd have to quarantine for 10 days. Holiday/leisure visits are not allowed. If you mean next year - that is a whole different story and you should wait for a few months to see what the Covid situation is then before starting to plan.
Old Mar 7th, 2021, 03:03 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
You live in Europe and you want to visit Canada for its "European charm?"
You are a train ride away from Berlin, Barcelona, Rome and you want to visit Montreal, a Paris wannabe, for its "vibrancy?"
In March/April Canada is at its ugliest, especially the cities.

Old Apr 24th, 2021, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree Quebec is worth 2 Days
Montreal is worth about 3-4 Days.
Ottawa is 1 Day (2 Days if you really like museums)
Toronto about 3-4 days.

Doing all three is definitely doable, but I'm not sure if it is in only 7 days. If I had 7 Days, I would cut out Quebec City and stick to just Toronto & Montreal. If you have 9 or 10 days than doing all three is definitely doable, and if you have 12 days you could easily throw in Ottawa and Niagara Falls as well.

Also note that domestic flights are much more expensive here than in Europe. A flight from Quebec to Toronto will probably cost you atleast $300 after tax. The train is only around $100, but because you have to transfer in Montreal, it would take an entire day out of your trip.
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 08:41 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
The OP posted seven weeks ago and disappeared - pretty sure he's not reading.